5.0 out of 5 stars Great Help with re-learning maths for a mature student
I have started a degree in accounting as a mature student and one of my modules is quantitative techniques. Having not studied mathematics in 10 years i am finding this book very useful and much easier to understand than my core textbook. it doesn't go into all the detail i need but really helps me re-learn the basics, especially the algebra.
Published on 28 Nov. 2011 by Katy G

3.0 out of 5 stars GCSE Maths
Its ok, nothing radical, it does the job and is worth the price i paid for. Too be fair to the authors they do try to make this book fun and intresting to study. Overall if you want a decent maths book to study then look no further.
Published on 18 Dec. 2012 by sha

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Help with re-learning maths for a mature student, 28 Nov. 2011
This review is from: GCSE Maths Revision Guide (with Online Edition) - Higher (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars CGP GCSE Maths: An essential for any Higher Maths Student, 23 Dec. 2010
LiamS (Suffolk, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I'll be brief with this review, as there isn't really much to say. There's mixed opinion regarding CGP's books, but I have always found them very useful. Although the colloquial and informal language can get in the way occasionly, they are packed with all you need to know to pass your exams. As a Year 11 student who has recently completed his mock exams, I can testify to just how useful revision guides like these are!

The CGP Higher Maths is no exception; it covers all the topics that you need to know for the exam (and there is quite a lot of them), in enough detail to get you through the exam, but not in so much detail as to confuse you and put you off revising.

For those who are studying on the Edexcel course, the textbooks provided, I find, are nowhere near as helpful. Useful for practise questions, maybe, but this book is unrivaled at making the info easy to understand. However, CGP also offer workbooks containing exam-based questions that go perfectly with the revision guide (GCSE Maths Workbook (including Answers) - Higher)

One small point: It says on the book that the guide is the 'new two-tier specification'. This was for when the new maths syllabus was adopted. It now reads on the book "For the 2010 and 2011 examinations only". Now, I must slightly disagree with this point. While subjects like science, geography and english would have syllabi that change a great deal when revised, and would therefore require new revision guides to reflect the changes, maths is not a subject that is likely to change so drastically. The information within is as relevent now as it will ever be, and while the syllabus might start to cover topics slightly differently, the basic information within this book will still be useful, so I would still hand this guide down to younger generations, and would not feel too disadvantaged to be using an older guide myself.

Overall, this book is a great tool for those who are preparing for a GCSE Maths examination, with easy-to-understand wording and diagrams to make revising a little less like revising!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Marks, 29 Mar. 2010
Shaz17 (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I bought loads of different books and software for my daughter as she was struggling a bit. None of them was really helpful, but The GCSE Mathematics Book was. And is worth every penny I paid for it. It showed her where she was going wrong, and so helpful in nearly all of what she is studying, I cant praise this book enough. Save your money dont buy all the other stuff they throw at you, this is what they need. It was recommended to me by a private tutor and another Teacher. Top Marks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfull for GCSE MATHS!!, 2 July 2009
This was fantastic as i needed it for additional maths exam. Am going to use it next year to for my end of school exam as it worked great this time. Would recommend to anyone going through maths exam GCSE. Has all you need!

5.0 out of 5 stars homework and revision, 27 Mar. 2012
my nephew had been struggling a little at school particularly in maths and on advise from my girlfriend (an ex teacher herself)
bought this text book to help. it is proving very useful, not only for my nephew but my girlfriend's son and even myself!!
i would recommend any parent to buy these in all the subjects their children study as a revision and reference aid. it is akin to having the teacher at home!!
i wished i had been aware of their existance when i was at school!

4.0 out of 5 stars CGP GCSE Mathematics, 17 Jun. 2011
This really helped me to learn the specific names for everything and made revising topics easier as you can revise one at a time. It made me feel a lot more confident about sitting my exam and I would recommend using it as an aid to revision. However, it is missing the Transforming Graphs topics and a few others but if you have class notes on them you'll be fine! So overall a really good book for individual topic revision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maths made easy, 28 Oct. 2011
I have found this revision guide to be very useful and also knowledgeable for me ,especially if the maths teacher is aware before recommending it that they have the same issue as the one available on amazon in the earlier version the topics taught are "grouped" so that revising the topics for resits /revision etc are correctly coverde if your child has lost the information they were given at the beginning of term!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great revision guide! :), 6 Aug. 2012
Used this for my GCSE maths exam last year and it got me from a B to a mid A grade! Perfect for the less functional maths question papers- this helped me gain 85/100 marks in my non-calc maths paper- the highest in my class :) However it didn't help with functional questions on the calc paper, where you have to apply your knowledge to solve new style questions and use your creativity a bit more. I would recommend this to anyone whose not doing the more functional maths papers, as it really teaches how to do all types of questions and explains them properly, and doesn't just give you pages of sums to do with little guidance, like most maths textbooks do(although those are good to practice questions).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read - even for an adult, 5 Mar. 2012
I bought this as my son's grade slipped and I wanted something to help him with his first mock GCSE exam. The book was well written and even taught me a few things! After the exam he praised the book and said that it even gave him more information than the previous lessons and meant that he could answer questions that were not covered in the previous couple of months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 11 Jun. 2012
Excellent purchase. Ideal for the IB course in grade 9 moving into grade 10 for the student who puts the effort in.

GCSE Maths Revision Guide (with Online Edition) - Higher
GCSE Maths Revision Guide (with Online Edition) - Higher by Richard Parsons (Paperback - 8 April 2013)