on 6 February 2000
This book has been laid out clearly with an excellent use of language for children in the Key Stage 3 years to understand, It actually makes learning about science an enjoyable prospect.
on 7 December 2005
This revision guide summarises clearly and concisely all the science you need up to and including Year 9, with sections on Life Processes, Materials and Physical Processes. And it's great for learning because it explains everything in an entertaining and accessible format (check out the cold polar bear and the elephant in stilettos!). Our children have worked steadily through it preparing for exams, and the pages are getting dog-eared.
Conclusion: a comprehensive and well-written guide to KS3 Science. Wish we'd had books like this when I was at school.
on 3 December 2000
This book is detailed and easy to follow at the same time. Each unit includes catching diagrams and highlighted key-words that every student can follow. The colourful layout, humourous text and large print ensure that kids enjoy reading their notes. I recommend this book for revision and as a guide for teachers.
on 22 April 2012
I bought this revision guide, along with a Letts KS3 success Science revision Guide for my 12 year-old child who has dyslexia. His science teacher recommended it, I believe, as it used a slightly different approach to presenting the information. I like the way the information is presented and this is written with a sense of humour, however, pupils with dyslexia (or similar specific learning difficulties) may find this difficult to read. The type-face is quite bold and not 'easy-on-the-eye'. Many key words are in different colours (which is great if the coloured type-face doesn't bother the reader) and many words are underlined. I found it 'uncomfortable' to read for long periods of and I don't have dyslexia. For pupils revising short sections at a time, it would be very beneficial. There is a revision summary for each section, with 30 or so questions and the answers must be written on a separate sheet. Answers to a very few 'trickier' selected questions are in the back of the book and the author advises that the answers to most of the questions are found in the relevant sections.
on 25 February 2011
Helped me alot and anyone who struggles this would be your guide! i got a level 7+ which is about an A/* in grading!
Good purchase! thankyou
on 6 June 2013
I've now bought a number of these revision guides for various subjects at various levels. They are bright, fun and very clearly presented. I'm using the Maths GCSE one myself - when a topic is difficult to understand, I turn straight to the revision guide for a clear explanation. My grandson actually thanks me for these books. He knows how good they are.
on 16 February 2012
My Daughter, who is year 7, Science Teacher recommended this book to give her an extra challenge. It is well worth the money and is extending her knowledge in a subject that she finds interesting. The book is written in a humourous way to attract children from KS3-5.
on 31 January 2015
Good - covers the syllabus and seems to do what you'd have thought the teachers might be doing in class. According to my 13 yr old, all the important bits are there and I would say this study guide is a great help to parents, too, who may have been expecting the school to provide BOOKS...sigh.
on 11 September 2014
Excellent, very helpful and briefly covers most subjects of the science years of secondary school. Not confusing and doesn't bore with too much unnecessary detail for the children to take in.
on 30 March 2013
Very useful tool for my child at school.A very good step by step guide and my child finds it very helpful