Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 May 2016
This is a must and I wish I had known about this book at the beginning of the school year. Every time my daughter does maths homework we look up the subject and complete the questions in this book - now much more contented that we have covered the subject fully and I know she understands it. Questions very clearly laid out and all the answers are at the back if we get stuck! Easy to dip in and out of subjects. I will be purchasing these books from now on each year.
on 10 September 2015
Bought to help a nine year old with maths - not a favourite subject!! they problems are well worded and clear (with the answers in the back), the paper is a good thickness so pens don't go through the page, we've been using coloured pens to make it more fun. Well recomended
on 27 April 2015
Great help for my 10 year old daughter that struggles with day to day maths at school. Also very helpful for me as I have to help her, lets you know exactly what she is doing in year 5. Would have been better if the answers also showed the working out - I have to ensure I get help doing this before I sit sown and go through this with her.
on 1 April 2015
Its good easy practise for kids, the pages and writing is all in black and white. Also the questions are written in a difficult way. I have found out that the questions mean the same thing but they use technical language and make you confused.
on 19 February 2012
These books are great as they just have exercises for your child to practise what they have learnt at school. No instructions/explanations or fancy gimmics, just straightforward practise, if that is what you are looking for.
on 27 November 2011
The description was accurate, the product of excellent condition and perfect for my needs. I am totally happy with this book.
on 27 June 2016
I think I'm in the minority as everyone else gives this a really high rating and I normally don't like being too hard on products.

My son is using it and enjoys it. However a worked example of how to complete a question in each section would be useful. The answers are handy and I know how to get to the answers but that is doing maths the way I was taught. I worry I'm passing on my bad habits (there are lots) as I want him to be doing it as his teacher wants him too, not how I want him too. At the moment I'm relying on youtube.

That probably doesn't make any sense at all.
on 4 March 2014
It covers most of what's required for this age group. It is child friendly, children enjoy working with it and it's very reasonably priced. Only reason I haven't given it five stars is because it is rather aesthetically bland.
on 13 September 2013
I use this book for tutoring and it covers all the Year 5 curriculum. It provides a structured approach to all the maths topics and is also good for dipping into. I use it alongside the mental maths books. A great resource
on 1 October 2013
Needs more practice and repetition opportunities but nevertheless it is a guide to the level expected for this year group in manageable bite-size chunks.Thank you.