on 30 January 2011
Fantastic revision book. My 12 year old daughter in year 8 has found it very useful. Would recommend and has improved her understanding certain topics in maths that she hadn't grasped previously.
on 9 September 2013
ideal for kids like my daughter who dont grasp maths too well (neither did I !!) but this definitely helps and she can just revise when she wants to instead of feeling under pressure by the teachers in class.
on 22 June 2016
I hate the design of this book.
All pages are just BOLD, RED or full of colors, which makes understanding very confusing.
They should hire better designers.

You do need the Workbook CGP, as there is barely any practice.
The Workbook CGP KS3 that I also bought is also very concise (but better design!!), only 76 pages of exercises for the whole of KS3.
Clearly aimed at reviewing, not as a learning tool (in case you homeschool).

Buy Lonsdale Essentials Coursebook KS3. Clearly SUPERIOR, and your eyes won't burn when you read it like this book here!
on 20 November 2015
I am a maths tutor and I have been using this book to compliment my year 9's Oxford Homeschooling course. It is laid out very well and doesn't ever describe anything in a way that doesn't make sense (which some books certainly do). It is clear as to what the student needs to learn off by heart and what needs practice to remember correctly which has made life a lot easier for me. I was honestly never a fan of CGP when I was studying myself as I found it too light-hearted, but I am appreciating it in a new light now. Would highly recommend.
on 25 August 2015
An excellent study guide, tailored to the English GCSE, suitably reinforcing all the major points for the syllabus.
on 17 July 2015
It's a maths book, but has helped my lad revise for his year 7 exams which he has done very well in.
on 25 August 2015
Perfect, easy to understand. No complaints, very quick delivery, very impressed.
on 30 March 2014
I'd give this zero stars if I could, everything about it is awful. The opening message is that maths is boring so they've added some fun. Nice one. If the design was done by a professional they should be ashamed, it's horrible to look at but worse it's messy and difficult to work out where to read first. Poorly conceived and executed.
on 13 April 2015
This guide has been an invaluable maths aid. Can't recommend it enough.
on 20 December 2015
book was an aid to assist a friend's daughter I was coaching for exam and all the basic essential material is there . The book itself was in as new condition ,though not new . A good buy and excellent service by the supplier. Thank you!