5.0 out of 5 stars simply delightful, 13 April 2007
This review is from: The Ragamuffin Mystery (Barney Mysteries) (Paperback)
I grew up on Enid Blyton books and seeing this and the other Barney titles took me back to a time when life was simple and innocent. I well remember sitting late into the night engrossed in the adventures of these children and wishing to be a part of their lives. If you are going to give your children a good grounding in reading, these books are a must. none of the smut we see in today's books for "kids". I am going to start reading them all over again, if anything to take me back in time to my teenage years.

4.0 out of 5 stars The weakest volume in the Barney series, 6 Jun. 2012
I enjoyed "Ring O'Bells" and "Rat Tat Tat", but this one was rather disappointing. The best thing about it was the sea location with the cave. I think this was volume 6, the final sequel in the Barney series.

In case you've already enjoyed the Famous Five books, don't miss Enid Blyton's best series of books: the Adventure series. Make sure to get older editions with Stuart Tresilian's illustrations. The new editions don't have the wonderful illustrations :(.

4.0 out of 5 stars 2nd childhood, 14 May 2011
I did not read Enid Blyton as a child and now that I am retired I am catching up on her books, this is my second in the series enjoying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reminds me of my childhood, 25 Jan. 2014
My father used to read this to me when i was a child. I brought it him again for christmas. 20 years on and still a good read!

The Ragamuffin Mystery  (Barney Mysteries)
The Ragamuffin Mystery (Barney Mysteries) by Enid Blyton (Paperback - 1 Oct. 2003)
Used & New from: £0.01