5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for Little Boys
My son, Callum, got this book as a Christmas present and it goes everywhere with him (including to bed). If he doesn't have it to hand we get a chorus of "dig dig digger" until it's found. In fact the reason I'm on the site is to order a replacement as he took his book to nursery and failed to bring it home and it's gone awol - we have had many tears.
One of his...
Published on 27 Jan 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Engines: Dig Dig Digging: Jigsaw Book Margaret Mayo
Awesome Engines: Dig Dig Digging: Jigsaw Book
Margaret Mayo
Arrived well on time good quality my child loves the singing and making the puzzle.
Published 6 months ago by Maria

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for Little Boys, 27 Jan 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Awesome Engines: Dig Dig Digging (Board book)
One of his first words was tractor but he has now branched out to diggers, lorries, dustbin lorries, cranes etc all of which he can recognise on the streets and attempt to say. Walking past a building site or driving along in the car has never been so exciting. The rhymes are catchy and easy to repeat and Callum is picking up more and more of them, including joining in for the 'shhh' at the end. I can't rate this book more highly - both Callum and I think it's fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for getting boys into books, 17 Nov 2003
Karen Thomas (Hitchin, Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Awesome Engines: Dig Dig Digging (Board book)
This is the most fantastic book. Elliot was about 1 1/2 and did not sit through an entire story until we got this from Auntie Julie. He loved it from day one. This artwork is fantastic - simple and very strong. The rhymes should be sung to Daddy's taking us to the zoo (I think) and he started joining in really quickly. Now if we're out and see one of the vehicles he starts singing. A must have for all kids, as is Emergency 999 by the same author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable boy's toddler book, 3 April 2010
This review is from: Awesome Engines: Dig Dig Digging (Board book)
This book my son enjoyed when he was a toddler. It has all things with wheels enjoyed by little boys - fire engines, trucks, diggers... There is some narrative and the illustrations appeal to little ones and can provoke further discussion. Not such an enjoyable read for an adult as The Gruffalo for example, but not a book that you'd want to hide either...

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, colourful book., 21 April 2014
Mrs. Julie Holt "Julie Haigh" (West Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This is a lovely, eye-catching book; my Grandson loves Diggers, Fire Engines etc. and they are all in here. You can double tap areas on the page to enlarge. It's ideal for new readers as there is a lot of repetition of words, some simple three letter ones such as 'dig, dig, digging'. It shows in two-page format, like a traditional open book. This is a nice idea, but, on my 7 inch Kindle Fires, I didn't think it was optimum so I tried on kindle on my computer. That was where the problem was-this book won't transfer from the cloud to the computer. If you look at the 'deliver to' and the drop-down menu-kindle on computer is faded out. I've tried it on other computers and my partner bought it too on his account and the same happened there. So, I feel it will be even better on a tablet with a larger screen, but, having said that, it's still pretty good and it's really good value at only .99p

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for digger lovers, 6 May 2010
My 2 year old son loves this book, we have to read it every single night before bed and he is now starting to learn the words and join in.

The rhyming is great and the last line of every page is the same so they pick it up easily.

The pictures are great and there is lots to see and count.

A must for any little person who loves diggers/trucks/cranes etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 21 April 2010
What a great book it was for my Grandson 2 1/2 years old , He absolutely loves it

5.0 out of 5 stars A great favourite, 15 Feb 2010
Hampshire Bookworm (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
Thus book has been a great favourite with all my grandchildren and I have been reading it constantly as each child has come along! The bold illustrations and colours are attractive to little ones and the wonderful rhythmic verse with each illustration just bounces along and is loved by all the children. They love to join in with the last line on each page - 'they work all day'. There are lots of vehicles and features to find on each page and other stories can be woven around the illustrations.I couldn't recommend this book highly enough for any small child who loves big machines. My only regret is that it is no longer published in a hardback version - I'm not sure how long a paperback will last, given the heavy use it will receive!

5.0 out of 5 stars A real winner!, 16 Oct 2009
Bought this book for my little man (17 mths)recently & it was an instant favourite. It is a daily read and I would highly recommend it to anyone who has a little boy (maybe girls too?) starting to become interested in the world of machinery. Great illustrations & a wide variety of vehicles covered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 29 Jan 2009
Mrs. A. Beirne "annie@114" (London) - See all my reviews
Bought this as my 5 year olds have had this book and love it still 2 years after we got it for a present. Well written and kids love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic Formula, 18 Jun 2008
This review is from: Awesome Engines: Dig Dig Digging (Board book)
This book has hit some kind of magic formula; the illustrations and the rhythm of the words has had my son (18 months) mesmerised every bedtime for weeks. Highly recommended.

Awesome Engines: Dig Dig Digging
Awesome Engines: Dig Dig Digging by Margaret Mayo (Board book - 25 April 2002)
4.79