5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 29 Sep 2009
S. J. Roberts (Norwich, Norfolk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shakespeare Stories: Romeo And Juliet (Paperback)
My 7 year old daughter has started to read this set and loves them. The first one, Romeo and Juliet, she re-read 6 times. A great introduction to Shakespeare as it's written in a language that children can relate to. She also loves the illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Romeo & Juliet for Children, 16 Jan 2011
This review is from: Shakespeare Stories: Romeo And Juliet (Paperback)
What a great buy this book was! I had planned a special birthday treat for myself and friends to see an outdoor production of Romeo & Juliet and my daughter begged and pleaded to be allowed to go too. Reluctantly, after all, seven is a little young for Shakespeare, I agreed. Looking on Amazon, I found a range of Shakespeare for Children books, and bought Romeo & Juliet. We read this book together several times before going to see the actual play, as I felt if she was familiar with the characters and the plot, it would help her follow the action.

The book itself is just the right level for seven year olds to understand and enjoy, there are lovely pictures and the plot dealt very sensitively with the double suicide of the lovers. It helped my daughter to really appreciate and enjoy the production. So much so, that, since then we have been to see A Midsummer Night's Dream, for which I also bought her the children's version.

I would recommend these books to any parent who is keen to introduce a young child to the rich and wonderful world of Shakespeare - in my opinion, they are never too young for the Bard, and these books are a fabulous guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE LOVE OF ROMEO AND JULIET, 4 Dec 2013
A perfect story couldnt be beter

Best book ever
Even daggers inprove the writing
Still i think its brill
To mamy of you think the thigs rubish well yu wrong
SO BUY IT NOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: Shakespeare Stories: Romeo And Juliet (Paperback)
Ordered this to introduce an English class to this Shakespeare play. I would recommend this to all ages as an introduction before you delve deeper into Shakespeare's language.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great !, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: Shakespeare Stories: Romeo And Juliet (Paperback)
Good length version of this classic. Accessible and well laid out. Arrived on time and the Head of English was very impressed with my discovery!

5.0 out of 5 stars Romeo and Juliet, 8 July 2013
This review is from: Shakespeare Stories: Romeo And Juliet (Paperback)
Bought for my grand daughter as she had jjust appeared in Youth Theatre production and i wanted her to understand the story.
Easy for 8 year old to follow, and she loved the book

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect for my youngest to start understanding romeo and juliet, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: Shakespeare Stories: Romeo And Juliet (Paperback)
very simple and easy to read. we read it together before watching the modern film. All the info in large print and simple format.

4.0 out of 5 stars My comment, 2 Mar 2013
It was good but very short I think my teacher might not like me reading such a short book. But the downloading was quick and I'm not that much of a reader and it was extremely easy to read which was great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Romeo and Juliet, 5 Jan 2013
Romeo and Juliet, what a classic, bit weird how they both kill themselves at the end but still!
I like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Romeo and Juliet, 12 Dec 2012
I loved this book because it was funny and very romantic a great interpretation of shakes famous and Disney movie

Shakespeare Stories: Romeo And Juliet
Shakespeare Stories: Romeo And Juliet by William Shakespeare (Paperback - 28 Aug 2003)
3.99