Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 January 2006
After borrowing this from the library, I loved it so much that I had to buy it. I'm not generally a fan of poems or rhyming stories, but I enjoy reading this book to my kids more than any other.
The subject matter is timeless and the exciting, fast-paced rhyme flows oh so easily, slowing down at the end to calm the children down ready for bed.
As long as you can manage names like "Deinosuchus" and "Deinonychuses" without stumbling and spoiling the rhythm, this is ideal bedtime reading for pre-school children. I feel sure that it will also be a good one for slightly older children to practise their reading.
on 13 November 2003
My 5 year old son loves this book as does my 18 month old. They can clap along with the beat and they make up actions for the dinosaurs. When we have children to play they all love to join in. The rhyme and rhythm of the text are excellent and the illustrations are bright and bold.
Altogether a great book, really interactive and fun.
on 16 June 2007
By far the most popular book in the house. Morning, daytime, evening, this is the book we keep coming back to. Both me and my daughter can put up with several repetitions of this book with excellent illustrations (plenty going on in the background to entertain a 2 yr old) a great rhyme and a lovely story.

We all know it off by heart.
on 1 October 2004
Both my sons, ages 2 & 4 love this book. We discovered this at the local library, and had to buy a copy as they didn't want to give it back. The story has a great rythm and is as enjoyable to read as it is for the children to listen too. One of the best childrens books we have.
on 28 January 2005
this has to be my favorite book, working at a preschool the children love to join in with the rhyme, we all shake shake shudder along with the rhyme and the children love to finish the rhyme by shouting romp. A truly brilliant book for young children.
on 4 May 2007
We always get a handful of books from the library and my two and a half year old ends up wanting us only to read one of the books out of all of them because he likes it so much. This was one of them that had to be read everynight!
on 12 February 2007
This is one of the best bedtime reading books ever - our 2.5 year old loves it. she even knows the words. now she loves dinosaurs and isnt scared of them! a definite winner with any kid!
on 1 February 2014
My 2 year old son got this for christmas and he loves it. It's a great rhyming story, with some wonderful illustrations. We have read it many times and he can remember lots of it himself, telling us the story as we go. Some of the dinosaur names on the first read had us stopping to try and pronounce, but we got them eventually! I would recommend this to any small children who loves story times, dinosaurs and great rhymes.
on 20 January 2003
My husband picked up this book at a book fair for our 5 year old son. He loved the funny illustrations which made the friendly Dinosaur characters came alive and the rhyming text and repetition made it easy for him to join in and anticipate the last word of every line. Overall a very enjoyable experience for both parent and child.
on 30 August 2004
My two year olds love this book and would happily have it read to them morning, noon and night. The rhyme and rhythm make it very easy for them to chant along with me and they find endless things to talk about in the bright and lively illustrations.