Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 May 2003
By co-incidence I bought this for my son (three and three quarters) around the time we went to the sealife aquarium. It is great for car journeys where he can look at the bright pictures in the book while listening to the poems, good for night time reading and was popular when he took it to nursery.
One short poem per fish or mammal - crab, whale, shark, lobster, angel fish - you name it. One introductory poem and a final one to get the child to remembering the sea creatures they've heard about. Simple verse focuses on a particular characteristic of the creature. Sounds of the dolphins are great, and the underwater music bubbles tempting your toddler to giggle and dance.
Flip side of the tape is without music for readers following it in the book.
on 20 May 1999
Twenty month old James loved this book, full of octopuses, sharks, crabs and undersea creatures. The colourful pictures and engaging rhymes are wonderful. There is enough depth in the book to keep interest going until the book can be read by the child on their own. Probably the best book for a pre-school child we have bought.
on 21 October 2005
I have a 2 year old who thought this book was so good we have read it at least twice a day for the past 3 weeks!!!! The poems are fantastic and the pictures are really stimulating for young ( and older!!)minds. We have spent hours pointing out which fish are which and then reading the poems, and he still isnt bored with it. His older brothers have also enjoyed reading this with him.( they have even taken to making up actions for the different creatures!)
I will now be buying the other books in the series to see if they are as good!!!Father Christmas had better stock up on book tokens!!!!!
on 29 July 2006
Giles Andreae and his partners have written several colorful, snappy, rhythmic tales that instruct children in an incredibly fun way! Commotion in the Ocean succeeds in portraying even the swordfish and the shark in a realistic, yet not overly scary way. The illustrations in the book are superior, something I personally enjoy when reading to my children.
on 9 July 2002
Commotion in the Ocean is a fantastic colourful book with good pictures and funny poems, an absolute must for parents with children, look out for the starfish!!
on 5 October 2010
My little boy loves this book, he's only 3 months old but really enjoys staring at the pictures and he makes lots of happy squeaky noises which i take means he's enjoying it! I would defintely recommend.
on 13 September 2010
bought 5 of these books in the collection and they are all superb with great illustrations and very witty worded description.
my little girl loves these books being read to her
on 23 March 2011
Beautiful pictures and sweet little poems, have read it to my two year old more times than I can remember without it driving me up the wall!! She loves hunting for the 3 hiding star fish on each page.
on 24 March 2014
I spent months reading The Lion Who Wanted To Love by these authors and my LO loved it. I however was getting bored so thought let's try this. Well I wasn't disappointed. The colours and pictures are big, bright and bold and is just great to look at. The wee poems that go along with them are nice and easy to read and I find myself getting into a wee rhythm when reading it to my LO. Highly recommend it to anyone and I have bought a copy to give to a family members LO as well. I feel exactly the same way towards the other book we bought from them Dinosaurs Galore!. Just what you want in a toddlers book.
on 30 November 2010
I bought this for my four-month-old grandson. It's beautifuly illustrated and he certainly seems to be absorbed when I am reading it to him.