5.0 out of 5 stars Fun & accurate poems and great underwater sounds and music
By co-incidence I bought this for my son (three and three quarters) around the time we went to the sealife aquarium. It is great for car journeys where he can look at the bright pictures in the book while listening to the poems, good for night time reading and was popular when he took it to nursery.
One short poem per fish or mammal - crab, whale, shark, lobster,...
Published on 7 May 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars No Audio CD included.
I ordered this book as I have purchased others from the author previously which my children really enjoy. Amazon clearly state in the description that this book comes with an Audio CD.......when it arrived I found this was not the case. I decided to highlight this issue to Amazon and returned the book in exchange for another. The second book arrived yesterday and also had...
Published 15 months ago by DavidV

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun & accurate poems and great underwater sounds and music, 7 May 2003
By A Customer
One short poem per fish or mammal - crab, whale, shark, lobster, angel fish - you name it. One introductory poem and a final one to get the child to remembering the sea creatures they've heard about. Simple verse focuses on a particular characteristic of the creature. Sounds of the dolphins are great, and the underwater music bubbles tempting your toddler to giggle and dance.
Flip side of the tape is without music for readers following it in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb toddler reading aloud book!, 20 May 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks) (Paperback)
Twenty month old James loved this book, full of octopuses, sharks, crabs and undersea creatures. The colourful pictures and engaging rhymes are wonderful. There is enough depth in the book to keep interest going until the book can be read by the child on their own. Probably the best book for a pre-school child we have bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Commotion in my House!!!!, 21 Oct. 2005
I have a 2 year old who thought this book was so good we have read it at least twice a day for the past 3 weeks!!!! The poems are fantastic and the pictures are really stimulating for young ( and older!!)minds. We have spent hours pointing out which fish are which and then reading the poems, and he still isnt bored with it. His older brothers have also enjoyed reading this with him.( they have even taken to making up actions for the different creatures!)
I will now be buying the other books in the series to see if they are as good!!!Father Christmas had better stock up on book tokens!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 29 July 2006
E I. -THEOCHARI "Eleni Th." (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks) (Paperback)
Giles Andreae and his partners have written several colorful, snappy, rhythmic tales that instruct children in an incredibly fun way! Commotion in the Ocean succeeds in portraying even the swordfish and the shark in a realistic, yet not overly scary way. The illustrations in the book are superior, something I personally enjoy when reading to my children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!!, 9 July 2002
Helen Hill (Portishead Bristol, North Somerset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks) (Paperback)
Commotion in the Ocean is a fantastic colourful book with good pictures and funny poems, an absolute must for parents with children, look out for the starfish!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great illustrations, 5 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks) (Paperback)
My little boy loves this book, he's only 3 months old but really enjoys staring at the pictures and he makes lots of happy squeaky noises which i take means he's enjoying it! I would defintely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars a superb book, 13 Sept. 2010
Mr. Steven R. Harrison (wigan uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks) (Paperback)
bought 5 of these books in the collection and they are all superb with great illustrations and very witty worded description.
my little girl loves these books being read to her

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for toddlers, 6 Sept. 2012
This book contains rhymes featuring an angel fish, octopus, whale, penguins and lastly a shark. Each page pops up in bright colours and is fun to look at. The whale's tail moves as the book opens and closes, and the penguins dive into the water. My two year old loves opening and closing the book to see them move. His favourite is definitely the shark which opens its jaws wide as you open the page, it is a favourite game of my two boys to dare each other to put their faces into the shark's mouth (which has led to some damage to the shark in our book!). My personal favourite is the octopus which is using its eight arms to tickle its children on the tummy... a great excuse to tickle my own! Each page also has three starfish hidden around the page and under flaps which the little one loves to find. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 23 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks) (Paperback)
Beautiful pictures and sweet little poems, have read it to my two year old more times than I can remember without it driving me up the wall!! She loves hunting for the 3 hiding star fish on each page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice :), 24 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks) (Paperback)
I spent months reading The Lion Who Wanted To Love by these authors and my LO loved it. I however was getting bored so thought let's try this. Well I wasn't disappointed. The colours and pictures are big, bright and bold and is just great to look at. The wee poems that go along with them are nice and easy to read and I find myself getting into a wee rhythm when reading it to my LO. Highly recommend it to anyone and I have bought a copy to give to a family members LO as well. I feel exactly the same way towards the other book we bought from them Dinosaurs Galore!. Just what you want in a toddlers book.

Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks)
Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks) by Giles Andreae (Paperback - 13 May 1999)