5.0 out of 5 stars Fun & accurate poems and great underwater sounds and music
By co-incidence I bought this for my son (three and three quarters) around the time we went to the sealife aquarium. It is great for car journeys where he can look at the bright pictures in the book while listening to the poems, good for night time reading and was popular when he took it to nursery.
One short poem per fish or mammal - crab, whale, shark, lobster,...
Published on 7 May 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed......
I have received this item today after speedy delivery but found it's not the item I expected.
I expected a A4 size book but have received a smaller hard back?
Published 2 months ago by Kim Wiltshire

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun & accurate poems and great underwater sounds and music, 7 May 2003
By A Customer
One short poem per fish or mammal - crab, whale, shark, lobster, angel fish - you name it. One introductory poem and a final one to get the child to remembering the sea creatures they've heard about. Simple verse focuses on a particular characteristic of the creature. Sounds of the dolphins are great, and the underwater music bubbles tempting your toddler to giggle and dance.
Flip side of the tape is without music for readers following it in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb toddler reading aloud book!, 20 May 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks) (Paperback)
Twenty month old James loved this book, full of octopuses, sharks, crabs and undersea creatures. The colourful pictures and engaging rhymes are wonderful. There is enough depth in the book to keep interest going until the book can be read by the child on their own. Probably the best book for a pre-school child we have bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Commotion in my House!!!!, 21 Oct 2005
I have a 2 year old who thought this book was so good we have read it at least twice a day for the past 3 weeks!!!! The poems are fantastic and the pictures are really stimulating for young ( and older!!)minds. We have spent hours pointing out which fish are which and then reading the poems, and he still isnt bored with it. His older brothers have also enjoyed reading this with him.( they have even taken to making up actions for the different creatures!)
I will now be buying the other books in the series to see if they are as good!!!Father Christmas had better stock up on book tokens!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 29 July 2006
E I. -THEOCHARI "Eleni Th." (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks) (Paperback)
Giles Andreae and his partners have written several colorful, snappy, rhythmic tales that instruct children in an incredibly fun way! Commotion in the Ocean succeeds in portraying even the swordfish and the shark in a realistic, yet not overly scary way. The illustrations in the book are superior, something I personally enjoy when reading to my children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great illustrations, 5 Oct 2010
This review is from: Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks) (Paperback)
My little boy loves this book, he's only 3 months old but really enjoys staring at the pictures and he makes lots of happy squeaky noises which i take means he's enjoying it! I would defintely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars a superb book, 13 Sep 2010
Mr. Steven R. Harrison (wigan uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks) (Paperback)
bought 5 of these books in the collection and they are all superb with great illustrations and very witty worded description.
my little girl loves these books being read to her

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!!, 9 July 2002
Helen Hill (Portishead Bristol, North Somerset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks) (Paperback)
Commotion in the Ocean is a fantastic colourful book with good pictures and funny poems, an absolute must for parents with children, look out for the starfish!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 23 Mar 2011
This review is from: Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks) (Paperback)
Beautiful pictures and sweet little poems, have read it to my two year old more times than I can remember without it driving me up the wall!! She loves hunting for the 3 hiding star fish on each page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 30 Nov 2010
This review is from: Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks) (Paperback)
I bought this for my four-month-old grandson. It's beautifuly illustrated and he certainly seems to be absorbed when I am reading it to him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Causes a commotion in my house!, 29 Oct 2009
K. Zivas (Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks) (Paperback)
I recently bought this book for my two daughters aged two and three.
Well, not a day goes by when they don't ask for this story at least once.
There are entertaining and informative rhymes for each of the sea creatures mentioned
which my girls have now learnt by heart. What I really like, as a mum, is
the wide range of vocabulary which introduces kids to words like 'bellow',
'blubber', 'glamorous' and many more. Truly a great purchase!

Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks)
Commotion In The Ocean (Orchard Picturebooks) by Giles Andreae (Paperback - 13 May 1999)