5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for Little Boys
My son, Callum, got this book as a Christmas present and it goes everywhere with him (including to bed). If he doesn't have it to hand we get a chorus of "dig dig digger" until it's found. In fact the reason I'm on the site is to order a replacement as he took his book to nursery and failed to bring it home and it's gone awol - we have had many tears.
One of his...
Published on 27 Jan. 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Engines: Dig Dig Digging: Jigsaw Book Margaret Mayo
Awesome Engines: Dig Dig Digging: Jigsaw Book
Margaret Mayo
Arrived well on time good quality my child loves the singing and making the puzzle.
Published 13 months ago by Maria

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for Little Boys, 27 Jan. 2004
By A Customer
One of his first words was tractor but he has now branched out to diggers, lorries, dustbin lorries, cranes etc all of which he can recognise on the streets and attempt to say. Walking past a building site or driving along in the car has never been so exciting. The rhymes are catchy and easy to repeat and Callum is picking up more and more of them, including joining in for the 'shhh' at the end. I can't rate this book more highly - both Callum and I think it's fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for getting boys into books, 17 Nov. 2003
Karen Thomas (Hitchin, Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
This is the most fantastic book. Elliot was about 1 1/2 and did not sit through an entire story until we got this from Auntie Julie. He loved it from day one. This artwork is fantastic - simple and very strong. The rhymes should be sung to Daddy's taking us to the zoo (I think) and he started joining in really quickly. Now if we're out and see one of the vehicles he starts singing. A must have for all kids, as is Emergency 999 by the same author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable boy's toddler book, 3 April 2010
This book my son enjoyed when he was a toddler. It has all things with wheels enjoyed by little boys - fire engines, trucks, diggers... There is some narrative and the illustrations appeal to little ones and can provoke further discussion. Not such an enjoyable read for an adult as The Gruffalo for example, but not a book that you'd want to hide either...

5.0 out of 5 stars A great favourite, 15 Feb. 2010
Hampshire Bookworm (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Awesome Engines: Dig Dig Digging (Paperback)
Thus book has been a great favourite with all my grandchildren and I have been reading it constantly as each child has come along! The bold illustrations and colours are attractive to little ones and the wonderful rhythmic verse with each illustration just bounces along and is loved by all the children. They love to join in with the last line on each page - 'they work all day'. There are lots of vehicles and features to find on each page and other stories can be woven around the illustrations.I couldn't recommend this book highly enough for any small child who loves big machines. My only regret is that it is no longer published in a hardback version - I'm not sure how long a paperback will last, given the heavy use it will receive!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!!!, 12 July 2007
C. BLACK "bookworm" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my little boy's Christmas, and it has been his favourite book from the first reading! This has become the "just before bedtime" book. He absolutely loves it, and as he is now 28months old he is able to say most of the book along with us! It is very brightly coloured with lots happening in each of the pages, it is filled with rhyme and repetition which is great for young minds while allowing the little ones to work out what is happening just from the pictures! I am on the lookout for more Margaret Mayo books and would highly recommend this book to any transport lovers! Hope your little ones enjoy it as much as mine does!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack (4) Says..., 7 Aug. 2007
It was my turn to choose a book at bedtime tonight and I asked for the one about diggers. We haven't had it for a little while and I used to like it when I was a baby. I am a big boy now and have a yellow digger that I drive in the garden but Meggy and me went on our bicycles today. I like this story because it has diggers, bulldozers, cranes and lorries in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for digger lovers, 6 May 2010
This review is from: Awesome Engines: Dig Dig Digging (Paperback)
My 2 year old son loves this book, we have to read it every single night before bed and he is now starting to learn the words and join in.

The rhyming is great and the last line of every page is the same so they pick it up easily.

The pictures are great and there is lots to see and count.

A must for any little person who loves diggers/trucks/cranes etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for younger children too!, 12 Dec. 2002
Miss J L Lowe (Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
A fantastic book. My son of 18 months loves this book. With lots of great colourful pictures and endless conversational points its a great book for learning with. Each pages ends with 'All Day Long' which I find he enjoys as he is able to finish each page for himself. A great bedtime book also (you will see why if you buy it!).

5.0 out of 5 stars A real winner!, 16 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Awesome Engines: Dig Dig Digging (Paperback)
Bought this book for my little man (17 mths)recently & it was an instant favourite. It is a daily read and I would highly recommend it to anyone who has a little boy (maybe girls too?) starting to become interested in the world of machinery. Great illustrations & a wide variety of vehicles covered.

5.0 out of 5 stars rhythmic reading, 22 Aug. 2003
Mrs A, (inchinnan, renfrew United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My 2 year old has been magnetised to this book. Firstly through the rhymes being read aloud by Mum, and then, suddenly he began recounting them himself. He is saying words beyond his supposed reach due to the draw of the song-like verses. The subject matter is great for little boys of course!
One of the ones I like pulling out of the book basket.

Awesome Engines: Dig Dig Digging
Awesome Engines: Dig Dig Digging by Margaret Mayo (Paperback - 25 April 2002)