5.0 out of 5 stars brill
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Only useful if not in pain, just lazy!
I was excited when this book arrived, hopeing for some useful tips in how to deal with long term pain. Instead it was more about setting targets for yourself and achieving them, but forgetting that its the pain that stops you from doing these things, not because of laziness or stupidity. Maybe I was expecting to much I think, then my self doubt is set aside when I think...
Published on 18 Jan 2011 by still suffering

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars brill, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Overcoming Chronic Pain: A Books on Prescription Title: A Self-Help Guide Using Cognitive Behavioral Techniques (Overcoming Books) (Paperback)
I suffer from 24 hour chronic pain, I get some relief from medication, but not totally. For me it assisted as an aid to stay positive when it is so easy to slide into depression and misery. Maybe, it is essential to stay positive to tackle pain and it is one of the hardest things to do. The book is like a little miracle to be read and re-read. I have just bought a second copy, as I lost the first one and I can't cope without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Understandable read!, 7 Nov 2011
It is understandable to read. Able to relate to it! Very good for everyday use. Not something you have to read then put away to collect dust. Has sections that you can record your own problems and reflect situations as and when you feel the need. All in all very good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Big help with living with chronic pain, 24 Aug 2011
Excellent book for learning to live with chronic pain. Gives lots of techniques to help control pain without having to resort to opioids all the time. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend to anyone suffering from persistent pain !!, 22 Mar 2014
This is an excellent educational and supportive book for anyone suffering with long term pain, of any description or cause. It is ideal for people who know their diagnosis and have been fully investigated for the underlying pain and are left with having to manage it. The book offers the reader reassurance and has loads of practical help and support that can help to improve quality of life. Most of all it offers hope for the future !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A book with long term benefits, 1 July 2009
M. A. Holmes "Malcolm" (Hastings UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this copy to give to a friend having first read the book a few years ago. It is an easy read, even if at times a bit of a challenge to your way of thinking and doing things. I did not notice any immediate major benefit from following the advice given but as time goes on I realise that I have incorporated a lot of the advice given into my daily life. I usually realise this when going back to old ways of thinking and then finding all the pain overwhelming me. The book won't tell you how to get rid of the pain but it will show you that its possible to have an improved lifestyle despite of it, and of late, thats been pretty good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Big help with Chronic Pain, 8 Feb 2013
I bought this book because I am long term sufferer of chronic pain, and noticed that this was on sale at Amazon. It is very easy to understand and use the techniques. I use to use a lot of analgesia and stay in bed most of the days but since referring to this I have cut my analgesia down and am able to get out and about again. Really worth buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, 25 Jan 2013
This book was helpful in understanding how to combat pain with having to rely on heavy medication, a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars an excently written book for us poor sufferers of chronic pain, 10 Aug 2014
an excently written book for us poor sufferers of chronic pain. i would of liked it to of been written to help those of us with a more positive attitude towards our illness. it focused much more on people who were on the bottom run of the ladder as far as moving forward goes. im stuck half way up the ladder and although it was a wonderful tool and made me realise how lucky i am i dont think it will help me move forward from where i am. altho i would recommend this book to any chronic pain sufferer, well done frances cole

5.0 out of 5 stars pain free at last, 28 Aug 2013
As long as you follow instructions you really can manage your pain and get on with a more normal life

5.0 out of 5 stars A great help, 1 May 2014
I've been stuck in chronic pain for a long time and this book was recommended to me by a friend, it's helpful and gets your mind thinking in the right train of thought but obviously does not cure the pain but helps you to reduce it by various tactics

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›