5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest book I've ever read!
Published on 10 Jan 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars usable joke book.
This book has a lot of jokes in it, given the quantity it is possible to find ones that are funny, however the ratio of good to groan is not very high.
Published on 8 Feb 2005 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest book I've ever read!, 10 Jan 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Mammoth Book of Jokes: Over 6, 000 Shaggy Dog Stories, Limericks, Puns and Put-downs for All Occasions (Mammoth Books) (Paperback)
It doesn't just contain one line jokes, it mostly has half paged sized stories. The quotes are great, and some things are really clever in it and I haven't recieved through email or found on the web since. It's a clever book, and well thought out. I must admit it's taken me about 6 months to get through it at work - but if I just open up any page I'm certain to laugh at one of the jokes on any page. There were about 3 jokes I didn't understand in total, and that annoyed me, but I haven't found a better joke book since. Great to read on the toilet too - not saying I spend all my time at work on the toilet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent comprehensive joke book, 15 Mar 2001
The best joke book I have ever seen. After looking through loads of joke books with boring one liners or long drawn out stories, this is a really interesting book. It covers every subject and is a really interesting read. The only problem is that it is so good you can never remember all the jokes you have read recently to tell to your friends. The majority of the jokes are reasonably new and hilarious. My friends kept asking me which ones I had read the night before. There are some older more established jokes but a lot of these are put slightly differently so giving the joke a new lease of life. Brilliant book - highly recommended. I am even buying more for presents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Covers Everything!, 24 Jun 2001
By A Customer
I concur with what the user below says, it is a brilliant joke book covering virtually everything. Its has the jokes lined up in subjects, so you can get whatever you joke you need. I like the way it gives you the author of the particular joke too. You get to see a lot of familiar names appearing, Joan Rivers, Les Dawson, Woody Allen etc. It has a lot of depth and isn't just about jokes. It has general put-downs, and famous put-downs too. Overall its just well worth the money, it'll have you in stitches!

3.0 out of 5 stars usable joke book., 8 Feb 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars Great joke book, 13 Jun 2009
L. M. Ambler (SW UK) - See all my reviews
Packed full of great jokes (not all suitable for children with sensitive ears !)- my son (13 yo) has it as permanent item for long car journeys.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Joke for all occasions, 11 Dec 2001
By A Customer
In only a few days, we have had hours of fun with this book. There is a joke for all occasions - highly recommended