5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a goldmine. It surpassed my expectations.
Published on 6 Dec. 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars Anxious Mums-to-be stay well clear!!
I've never felt compelled to leave a bad review before but this book has irked me.
I started reading this book as an anxious mum-to-be having been told that the way to get over my worries about pregnancy and childbirth was to gain knowledge and obtain all the facts. However this book has left me well and truly shaken-up and completely expecting the worst.
This...
Published on 6 Oct. 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a goldmine. It surpassed my expectations., 6 Dec. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: "Daily Telegraph" Family Encyclopedia of Pregnancy and Childbirth (The "Daily Telegraph") (Paperback)
This book was recommended to me by a friend. I was more than pleasantly surprised by the in-depth information contained here. It, nonetheless, remains an easy, even enjoyable read. I was amazed at how comprehensive it is and found myself reading it cover to cover several times. The authors have to be praised for avoiding the condescending attitude taken by most childbirth books. It is a hugely enjoyable read and extremely informative. Every pregnant woman ought to have one!

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolutely excellent book for parents-to-be, 13 Nov. 2000
By A Customer
An easy to read, very detailed book, which speaks to the reader simply and clearly. The writers cover all aspects of pregnancy and childbirth. They do not gloss over any negative aspects of pregancy and childbirth, but are empathetic and encouraging. So much helpful information is laid out in a user-friendly way. I thoroughly recommend this book to anyone who is pregnant or contemplating a pregancy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Anxious Mums-to-be stay well clear!!, 6 Oct. 2003
By A Customer
This book presents a cold, medicalised collection of so-called facts. It basically just lists medical problems and the various drugs and medical procedures with which they are dealt. The fact that a home-birth is not mentioned once in this book says it all really. This books presents all the worse-case scenarios you can imagine during pregnancy and labour - it strays very far from presenting the majority of 'normal', complication-free births. Childbirth is spoken about completely devoid of emotions and fails to acknowledge it as one of the most natural, fantastic things humans ever experience.
This book has left me completely panicked and frightened of the whole experience.
Anxious mums-to-be stay well clear!

Usually dispatched within 6 to 11 days