5.0 out of 5 stars Il Maestro
I've got tens of Italian cookbooks and this is the one I would fight to keep. It's all well and good having 40 recipes for courgettes a la 'Silver Spoon', but good food is so much more than join-the-dots recipes. It's about fantastic ingredients and people and ideas and places and inspiration and stories and passion. 'Made in Italy' is all of these things tied together...
Published on 25 Sep 2007 by scep

3.0 out of 5 stars London Restaurant food, not Italian food
I have no doubt that Giorgio Locatelli is a genius of a chef, and I would love to eat at his restaurant. Whether I want to attempt to cook his restaurant's menu in my own kitchen is entirely a different matter.

One glance at the Contents page of this book - here called the Menu - will tell you that Locatelli is dealing in recipes which are almost impossible to...
Published on 8 Feb 2007 by Romanista

5.0 out of 5 stars made in italy food and stories, 7 Feb 2009
Steen Aaberg Nielsen "teko" (albertslund denmark) - See all my reviews
i think the description about the book was fine so i have no problem to

make my tjoice The book is very good to make some interresting meals for friends,the italien way very easy.Nice pictures and stories.
best regards steen aaberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining as well as practical, 13 Oct 2006
This review is from: Made in Italy: Food and Stories (Hardcover)
I enjoyed going through this book so much. The stories and pictures make it worth buying. It is very educational and has many ideas for bringing a little bit of Italy into the kitchen. Fabulous!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best food book in my collection, 3 April 2008
R. M. Morgan "bigmark100" (australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Made in Italy: Food and Stories (Hardcover)
This is not just a book of recipes - its a book about italian food, with recipes to punctuate the information. I have many recipe books, and this is by far the best so far.....
well written, well presented, and the first recipe book I ve actually taken to read in bed.
HIGHLY recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfetto, 30 Mar 2008
This review is from: Made in Italy: Food and Stories (Hardcover)
I love this book. It has beautiful fotographs, wonderful personal stories which as a born and bred 'northern' Italian can relate to and the food recipes are just magnificent. Yes I agree to some extent with one reviewer who writes that the food is predominantly northern Italian but if this reviewer knows anything at all about Italian food then he should also know that in Italy food is never just 'Italian' but regional. You should never own just one Italian cook book but as many as there are regions in Italy because if its a good book the recipes will all be authetic to that region. This is where the true beauty of Italian food lies in its diversity according to its region. Made in Italy is food at its best; it contains fairly easy recipes with great fresh ingredients. Believe me when I say that strong olive oil is not always best, much to the disappointment of the aforementioned reviewer - one reason why Italian olive oil comes in many different stregths from very mild to quite strong and peppery is because we use olive oil according to our traditional regional cuisine. If you love meats, risottos, pasta, meaty fish, gorgeous desserts then stop right here...you have just found your perfect italian cookery book. I have eaten at Locatelli's in London and the food was glorious just like the book. Go on spoil yourself and buy it you will not regret it.

ARRAY(0xb4a1ad74)

Made in Italy: Food and Stories
Made in Italy: Food and Stories by Giorgio Locatelli (Hardcover - 4 Sep 2006)
Used & New from: 2.68