on 12 March 2014
I was reading this book every night for many nights.

I have never been interested much in history before but became inspired by the story of the Battle of Hastings after going to a talk by local historian Nick Austin, who has his own theories as to where the actual Norman landing, campsite and battlefield were. His talk inspired me to buy his book and after seeing the recent Time Team programme on the battle site (which proved that it isn't at the 'traditional' site)) I though I would read up a bit more. I am very pleased that I did.

The book looks at the story of the Tapestry and its players from well-before the story in the Tapestry starts to well well after it ends. It is a bit heavy going and is not exactly an easy read but it is fascinating in its interpretations of the Tapestry and is well worth persevering with.

Didn't help with the actual locations of anything though - this book tells the traditional story with regard to the landing site and battlefield but is not traditional in a lot of its other theories which are very plausible and interesting.!
on 14 August 2015