5.0 out of 5 stars A (Cornish?) mine of information
I came across this book by chance while on holiday in Cornwall and bought a copy for my brother who's into real ale. He never got it (well I'm buying another for him!) as once I dipped in I just couldn't put it down.
Published on 13 Mar. 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Not what I as looking for but probably my fault for not studying it closer before purchase
Published 8 months ago by kevin mellor

5.0 out of 5 stars A (Cornish?) mine of information, 13 Mar. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: West Country Ales: An A-Z of Beer and Brewing in Devon and Cornwall (Hardcover)
Adrian obviously has enjoyed his research, visiting every brewery in Devon and Cornwall - and sampling their wares. He knows his stuff and makes the palate water with his precise and mouthwatering descriptions of the region's ales. If you've never thought beer could be as diverse and challenging as wine, then this book is a real eye-opener.
I'd say it would be essential reading for a host of different people - those who love real ale (wherever they live); those who live (lucky sods) in Devon or Cornwall and particularly for those who plan to visit the region. With this book in hand you could easily spend your entire holiday in and out of the recommended pubs - which are spot-on.
It's also ideal if you want to know more about beer and brewing in general. Adrian has explained all the technical stuff in easy-to-understand terms and also gives some really intriguing bits of history and beer gossip. Fabulous. Just wish he'd do the same for every county.
Cheers!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 20 Nov. 2014

West Country Ales: An A-Z of Beer and Brewing in Devon and Cornwall
West Country Ales: An A-Z of Beer and Brewing in Devon and Cornwall by Adrian Tierney-Jones (Hardcover - 31 Oct. 2002)
Used & New from: £0.01