5.0 out of 5 stars Paul writes just like he speaks.
If you've seen on of Pauls many public and corporate speeches, you'll recognise the style and the humour about what is actually a serious subject - how to get over problems and move on. Although Paul talks about SUMO (Shut Up and Move On), he doesn't mean ignore what's happened and get a life - he means consider what's happened, what's the approriate action and get...
Published on 23 Jun 2005 by Chris Downing

3.0 out of 5 stars Simplistic, probably too much so!
I had high expectations following reading other reviews but was a bit disappointed. I am not saying it was a bad book, just okay. I think its audience is really for people who really do not know where to start in terms of personal development, being stuck in a rut, not knowing where to go..... In that sense it is very good, but if you are looking for something a bit...
Published on 7 Aug 2008 by D R Saunders

5.0 out of 5 stars This is excellent and I have used the book before but I ..., 7 July 2014
This review is from: S.U.M.O. (Shut Up, Move On): The Straight-Talking Guide to Creating and Enjoying a Brilliant Life (Paperback)
This is excellent and I have used the book before but I never had it returned to me as a manager whenever you get a person that is really down on life - then this book is the one to make them think.... it is a risk but worked every time for some of my colleagues...

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstand Book To Get You On the Right Track, 22 Feb 2006
I found Paul's book to be a wonderfully easy book to read. I needed to pause after each chapter so that I could dwell and soak up the insightful material. I bought another copy for my friend to have. It is a must have!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing stuff, 6 Sep 2008
I've read lots of this kind of stuff before but this was brilliant. Paul's approach is readable, funny and can really make a significant impact on your life. It's a quick, enjoyable read that you'll come back to time and time again.

5.0 out of 5 stars To end all self help books, 13 Aug 2006
I'll confess I read alot of self help books but most of the time I just read them and thats it over but this book is differnat. It actually made me sit and do the exercises he asks of us such as 'write a list of what you wnat to do in the next year' and delivers a series of insirational quotes. i WOULD ABSOLUTLY RECOMEND THIS BOOK TO ANY SELF HELP READER AND IT IS THE SELF HELP BOOK TO END THEM ALL.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, 25 Oct 2014
I am definitely going to apply these principles to my life and make it even better. Fascinating, worthwhile read. Great if you feel a little lost and a bit wary of self-help books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Move on up, 3 Nov 2010
Stephen Green (Uttoxeter, Staffs. UK) - See all my reviews
A very good masterclass for authors in getting their point across. Paul writes in a straight-forward manner but it is the presentation of his ideas that gives the book extra power. My wife and I now plan in the Hippo moments where she deals with the negatives of a situation by wallowing before coming out full of energy to put my daydreams and visions into a plan of action. Just this one concept alone of understanding and recognising what was happening has been invaluable in us working as a team. The illustrations about changing your tee shirt and ditching Doris Day for example are clever and original when others are recycling old ideas. Paul's ideas on the causes of procrastination are spot on and if you were going to rush to the defense that everybody procrastinates Paul says "no they don't actually" and you know its right. A lot of people think self help books are rubbish and you just need to get a grip. Maybe this book says that but in a thoughtful, gentle way that leads you rather than pushes you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Asolutely fantastic, 9 Sep 2007
this book is absolutley fantastic it is easy to read and easy to understand. i agree wiv the last reviewr the best self book i have ever read

5.0 out of 5 stars Finding out when to SUMO!, 12 Jun 2005
Mrs. R. H. Gee (Warrington, Cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Paul McGee has an easy to read style which is both thought provoking and humourous. SUMO challenged me on both a personal and professional level. The final chapter encourages the reader to set their own personal goals and draws on the previous reading to enable it.
As a manager it helped me it consider how I respond to the challenges I face on a day-to-day level with the variety of people I work with.
I strongly recommend this to anyone as an entertaining guide on how to stay sane in the busyness of life today!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book to add to repertoire, 1 May 2008
Karl Grocock (Luton, England) - See all my reviews
I'm not quite as sold on this book as other reviewers but make no mistake it is a good, easy read that is both informative (differing viewpoints to other similar books) fun (some good examples and humour) realistic. Definitely a book to grace anyones bookshelf. Very easy reading that can be polished off on a short flight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shut Up Move On, 6 May 2010
An excellent must have book! It really guides you on how to move on in life and get the best out of lifes journey. It's simple and funny and makes so much sense. The lessons have helped me in many areas of my life and I have passed on the wisdom to others.
If you're thinking of getting this book do, and get the other books in the series too. You wont regret it!

Used & New from: £4.99