5.0 out of 5 stars Happy bathroom reading!, 19 Sept. 2007
This review is from: 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People (Paperback)
This book is my new quick snippet book for reading in the bathroom. I sometimes do a page a day and mostly I walk out thinking "yes, why didn't I think of that, why am I sweating the small stuff?". It is a fantastic, easy to read, non-preaching, happy book. I love it and I have many comments from bathroom visitors asking me where I bought it from. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy I bought this., 20 Oct. 2009
Brian Higgins "Higgy..." (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People (Paperback)
I have bought several self help books or inspirational books in my time. This one stands alone, it's easy to read and filled with common sense ideas to improve your life. Goals you can obtain just with a little thought and practical tips that are easy to follow, it's that simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars You will not be disappointed, 16 Oct. 2008
Lark (North Coast of Ireland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People (Paperback)
By either this book, or I suspect, any book in this series.

There's a short introduction, about 3 pages, followed by the chapters which are themselves two or three pages and split into easily readable chunks, the contents is clear and there's a huge list of sources.

Its a very easy read, if you like the little book of calm or any books of that kind you'll love this but also if you're interested in learned optimism or any of the other life skills which make for greater satisfaction your the work-a-day world then this is very much for you too.

There is A LOT of crap published under the auspisces of "happiness science", whether its junk science, 101 ways of passing off budhism or a spiritual fix as the answer to lifes woes or some guru's philosophical musings and its all very disappointing. This isnt one of those sorts of books at all, it'll appeal to the emotional and rational alike.

100 Simple Secrets of Happy People
100 Simple Secrets of Happy People by Dr. David Niven (Paperback - 19 Aug. 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01