4.0 out of 5 stars Helped me out of a sticky situation
Published on 8 Nov 2005 by charles fox

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book well worth reading
Good book well worth reading if you have ever thought office politics are at play. They probably are but here's some more angles.
Published 9 months ago by R P Davenport

4.0 out of 5 stars Helped me out of a sticky situation, 8 Nov 2005
This review is from: 21 Dirty Tricks at Work: How to Win at Office Politics (Paperback)
I bought this book because I recognised that things in my workplace were "political" and I didn't know what to do. This book helped me to understand a great amount more about what was going on. Most important of all it gave me the advice I needd on how to do something positive. Just one of the many questions suggested in chapter 5 had a profound effect for the better. This book also gave confidence that I could act without having to have a big row with my boss! Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot them don't use them !, 26 Mar 2007
S. J. As tle "J Astle" (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a must read for anyone involved in any form of business. Used for my own personal development - the trick is how to spot and avoid them rather than utilising them !. Believe me you will read this and know of a situation where it has happened and wished you'd read it first !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot the fall guy!, 16 Dec 2005
a saunders (Malmesbury, Wiltshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Whether you work in a large or small organisation you need a copy of this book!
Like the handbook to your car, this is your handbook to office life.
Rather than wait for things to happen to you read this,spot them happening and take action - easy and fun to read, easy to refer back and very real - I am sure I have worked for the company and manager this is modelled on!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cleaning up the dirty tricks ..., 9 Aug 2005
P V Ware (Cheltenham, Gloucestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I love this book. It's easy to read, gives good examples you can relate too ... but most of all I liked the positive approach to what could be a negative topic. I plan to give copies to my team members as part of their development.

5.0 out of 5 stars fascinating read, 10 April 2011
I really enjoyed reading this book. It is an easy read because the 'dirty tricks' are presented within a running narrative. Fascinating insights into the dirty world of office politics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spotlight on surviving office politics, 29 Feb 2008
Rolf Dobelli "getAbstract" (Switzerland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Thinking that the only thing you have to do at the office is good work is nave. Every company has people who will stop at nothing to further their own agendas. Hiding your head in the sand (or behind your computer screen) only makes you an easy target. Instead, learn about the common dirty tricks played in offices and protect yourself from becoming a victim. To outmaneuver the manipulators, getAbstract recommends reading this clever, short introductory course on office politics. Organizational experts Mike Phipps and Colin Gautrey have done the research for you, identifying the most common and insidious dirty tricks, and outlining strategies for putting up your defenses or, when appropriate, confronting the attackers. Oftentimes, simply exposing the trick reduces its potency and sends the perpetrator scurrying back into the shadows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch your back!, 12 Feb 2014
J. Lyons (UK) - See all my reviews
This was bought as a gift for someone about to enter the world of graduate employment. I hope that the idea that not everyone is on your side and that there are dirty tricks out there will help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dirty Tricks at work that make you think!!!, 10 Aug 2012
This book is an insightful and humorous viewpoint of how easily we can be manipulated by our coworkers and especially our senior managers! It is full of scenarios that you can immediately identify with and realise that "you've been "HAD". By reading this book, instead of being on the back foot you're ahead of the dirty tricks game and ready to keep the ball!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled, 25 Jan 2006
By A Customer
Don't be fooled into thinking that this book is just another of those awful books that has lots of discussion about the subject but no real advice. This book is absolutely packed full of really useful stuff that you can use to defeat the office politician. What I particularly liked was the reality of the story that it all hangs off of - a perfect glimpse of reality. If you want to know what to do to free yourself from politics, buy this book - 10/10 to the authors!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 10 July 2014
perfect

21 Dirty Tricks at Work: How to Win at Office Politics
21 Dirty Tricks at Work: How to Win at Office Politics by Colin Gautrey (Paperback - 28 July 2005)
6.96