on 10 September 2013
What a brilliant book! As a member of the Clergy myself I found this to truly hit the spot. I was a little concerned it was a small book for the price - but it is indeed, worth it.

Very insightful and a must for every Church of England Clergy person!! I have only been in ministry for just over 3 years, but I recognise it all.

Buy it - enjoy it - and laugh plenty!
on 2 October 2013
I completely loved this book (being a Reverend myself!). It's funny & clever & thought-provoking. There is so much wit & wisdom in it, & the fabulous cartoons add to its joy. Buy it, read it, buy another one, give it away!
on 16 October 2013
Made me laugh. For those in Christian ministry this resonates! A great coffee table book.
Delivered on time and in great condition.
on 2 October 2013
This book is witty, perceptive, thought-provoking and at times challenging, coupled with cartoons by the brilliant Dave Walker it is a gem. You should read it if you are a 'revererend' or if you know someone who is. Short and to the point this little book manages to get you to think about the nature of ministry in an entertaining way. Dave Walker's cartoons are the cherry on this small but perfectly formed cake.
on 11 January 2014
Despairing of church? Wondering why we choose to wear 'dresses'? Or who really makes the decisions? This book is for you!

Jeremy fletcher slaps his readers with short bursts of hilarity and reality (the former caused by the latter) of church life.

This has me laughing, groaning and despairing all at once. As an ordinand (otherwise interpreted as 'trainee vicar') I am seeking to quote Jeremy in as many lectures in this term as I can possibly and debating whether to start a 'quote of the week board' outside our common room. The downside would be that I definitely could not include any illustration equal to Dave Walkers, whose genius adds to the comedy.

This is a must have for all clergy, for if we can not laugh we would despair. Praise God He gave us a sense of humour and inspires us to share insights so we may laugh together.
on 3 February 2014
You are starting a career as a reverend? You have learned for years how to preach, how to worship, how to pray? Well done - but nobody has ever told you what Jeremy Fletcher describes. Forget all you have ever learned about your profession! It will not help you in any way. Or has anybody told you how to treat the flower arrangers? Has anybody told you how to treat deans and bishops? Fletcher will do - and this will be important for your profession. Your parish will forget your worst worship, but flower arrangers will never forget your criticism!
You can believe me - I also know, like Fletcher, what I'm talking about!
on 12 October 2013
This short book is a great laugh which is true to life as a Minister in the C of E. It should be given to all those moving to their first post and should be read regularly to remind clergy not to take life within the Church too seriously!
on 11 June 2014
Just what's needed, a little joke book that raisesa smile about the most difficult and serious job in the world! The life of a Reverend / Padre / Chaplain / Minister / Priest - whatever you chose to call it - is not an easy one but this little book has many funny comments and quips to cheer even the most morose of ministers!

Top gift; highly recommended for anyone with any experience of 'church' but particularly the traditional flavour!
on 11 January 2014
Even though it is based upon the Anglican denomination it is equally true of others including mine - the Church of Scotland (Presbyterian as opposed to hierarchical - so our great benefit is we don't have to deal with bishops!!)
on 23 March 2014
..... even more so for those who enjoy a laugh. A fantastic collection of amusing anecdotes and incidents that have happened to Priests and Vicars up and down the land and many illustrated with great cartoons.