5.0 out of 5 stars Groundbreaking, 28 July 2010
This review is from: Parenting Children for a Life of Faith (Paperback)
This book is an easy and enjoyable read yet its thinking is fresh, challenging and heartfelt. I haven't seen or heard of anything else quite like it. So do get hold of it.

The author uses her substantial experience - but also just an unmissable heart for children to meet with and know God now, and in the future - to give clear and practical pointers on how parents can help their kids develop real faith (not just knowledge about faith) by opening up their own relationships with God to their kids, rather than just telling them about God.

It's kind of a mentoring over method, or caught rather than taught, approach - which makes it accessible and natural for every parent, wherever they are on their Christian journey... I wonder too whether some of its principles would be well applied to general discipleship of all ages, as well as to parenting kids.

Read it, and give it to everyone you know who has kids - surely the greatest gift we can give the next generation is not our own limited insights about God, but access to him so they can listen to him themselves - a gift that isn't in fact ours to give, but simply available because of God's astonishing grace. It's God himself who will guide and direct kids in how to follow him the best - if only we can just point them to him, and not get in the way too much ourselves...

5.0 out of 5 stars Parenting children for a life of faith, 28 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Parenting Children for a Life of Faith (Paperback)
I have found this book so informative. I am really glad that I picked it up. There is nothing cringe worthy about the ideas or expectations laid out by Rachel Turner. Her suggestions are so practical and come from a heartfelt belief that it is not far fetched for children to be in an interactive relationship with God. This book equips us as parents and carers to help our children on this journey. It's brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Parenting children, 20 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Parenting Children for a Life of Faith (Paperback)
This is an excellent book for any Christian parent to read and then to put into practice. It has a fresh, very positive approach that helps to bring faith naturally into the everyday life of children

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Parenting Children for a Life of Faith (Paperback)
This is a must have read for any parent or those working with children. Rachel's methods are intuitive and child centred. They seem so natural you wonder why you haven't always taken this approach to helping children interact with God. Seeing the wonder on a child's face when they are released in this way is priceless.

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this as a present for a friend of ..., 25 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Parenting Children for a Life of Faith (Paperback)
I bought this as a present for a friend of mine who runs a Christian children's group after I had watched Rachel Turner in "Prayer Ministry for Children". My friend was very excited, and couldn't wait to read it :) I look forward to borrowing it off her as I am a youth worker myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Parenting Children for a Life of Faith (Paperback)
I've only just started reading this, but I love it already and can't wait to read it all! It's very practical which is what I was after in a book of this kind. Rachel seems as though she is talking from a wealth of experience, which is always encouraging!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, helpful, wonderful, 12 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Parenting Children for a Life of Faith (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book and I found it really helpful, with lots of practical ideas to facilitate a child's relationship with God.

5.0 out of 5 stars my sister and brother in law requested it as a good book., 11 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Parenting Children for a Life of Faith (Paperback)
Given as a present, my sister and brother in law requested it as a good book.

Parenting Children for a Life of Faith
Parenting Children for a Life of Faith by Rachel Turner (Paperback - 18 Jun. 2010)