Customer Reviews


51 Reviews
5 star:
 (35)
4 star:
 (8)
3 star:
 (3)
2 star:
 (2)
1 star:
 (3)
 
 
 
 
 
Average Customer Review
Share your thoughts with other customers
Create your own review
 
 

The most helpful favourable review
The most helpful critical review


23 of 23 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Instructions - Great fun
I bought an Imperia pasta maker to go with this book and it's the machine used in all the instructional photos, which was handy. Having never made pasta before, I was hoping it was going to be fairly simple and this book really helped. About 85% of the book is recipes and the other 15% is actually how to make pasta, which is what I needed it for. Even if you already...
Published on 9 Oct. 2009 by Floss

versus
86 of 93 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Do What It Says On The Tin...
There are some perfectly good recipes in this book but also one major failing: these aren't especially recipes for Home Pasta Making.

Maybe I mislead myself but I was hoping for more than half-a-dozen pages on how to make pasta, less indeed than the leaflets supplied with pasta machines.

If the book were entitled simply "100 Simple and Successful...
Published on 28 July 2007 by Ardent Bibliophile


‹ Previous | 1 26 | Next ›
Most Helpful First | Newest First

23 of 23 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Instructions - Great fun, 9 Oct. 2009
This review is from: The Pasta Machine Cookbook: 100 Simple and Successful Home Pasta Making Recipes (Paperback)
I bought an Imperia pasta maker to go with this book and it's the machine used in all the instructional photos, which was handy. Having never made pasta before, I was hoping it was going to be fairly simple and this book really helped. About 85% of the book is recipes and the other 15% is actually how to make pasta, which is what I needed it for. Even if you already know how to make pasta I would still recommend this book for the recipes but the tutorial at the beginning was very helpful.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


34 of 35 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars No complications, 22 Oct. 2009
By 
D. A. Archer "Dave" (Northampton UK) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   
This review is from: The Pasta Machine Cookbook: 100 Simple and Successful Home Pasta Making Recipes (Paperback)
This is the first pasta book that I have bought and I bought it alongside a pasta machine, which I have used a couple of times. Having read through the book I am now excited about trying all the recipes, which cover all elements of pasta making. I am really pleased to see some examples of using pasta for deserts which is something I had not thought of before. The trick with this book, and any other I suppose, is not to just look for a recipie to slavishly adhere to but to try your own using the book as a guide. Pasta is so versatile that you can do this. As for actually making pasta, the book covers it well - that is all there is to it, there are no hidden tricks and those who are looking for more detail can stop looking. One good tip I got from a chef, if you are making pasta which you will then cover in sauce, such as spaghetti, then a great way to make the sauce stick to the pasta is to use semolina, instead of flour, as a dusting when rolling it out. The coarse nature of the semolina will help the sauce coat the pasta (make the pasta in the normal way first though!).
Overall a good book and I am glad that I bought it.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


33 of 35 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great taste and not too fatty, 15 May 2006
This review is from: The Pasta Machine Cookbook: 100 Simple and Successful Home Pasta Making Recipes (Paperback)
Tried out a few of the recipes, must say I am quite impressed. First cookbook, where the balance between being tasty and healthy is great. Don't be fooled by the boring title, the book is one of those you keep coming back to. It is both beautifully illustrated and well-explained.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


9 of 9 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Pasta Machine Cookbook, 7 Feb. 2009
By 
Karen (Sunbury-on-Thames, Middx) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pasta Machine Cookbook: 100 Simple and Successful Home Pasta Making Recipes (Paperback)
I bought this for my son to go with the Imperia Pasta Factory Set. He has made many of the recipes which he and his flat mates say are delicious.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


86 of 93 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Do What It Says On The Tin..., 28 July 2007
This review is from: The Pasta Machine Cookbook: 100 Simple and Successful Home Pasta Making Recipes (Paperback)
There are some perfectly good recipes in this book but also one major failing: these aren't especially recipes for Home Pasta Making.

Maybe I mislead myself but I was hoping for more than half-a-dozen pages on how to make pasta, less indeed than the leaflets supplied with pasta machines.

If the book were entitled simply "100 Simple and Successful Pasta Recipes" then it would be accurately described. The references to "pasta machine" and "home pasta making" are simply misleading - if they are what you're looking for then your quest certainly doesn't end here...
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


38 of 41 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - glad we bought it!, 29 May 2008
By 
A. Sheers (UK) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   
This review is from: The Pasta Machine Cookbook: 100 Simple and Successful Home Pasta Making Recipes (Paperback)
We nearly never bought this book because of the previous reviewer. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A MISTAKE!! This is a great book, it has several pages on how to make the pasta - but even better lots of recipes to entice you into trying that pasta maker! Lots of basic and more interesting recipes for everyone.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars Useful intro but middle of the road recipes, 11 Aug. 2013
By 
J. R. Szmigin "Jan" (Worcester, UK) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: The Pasta Machine Cookbook: 100 Simple and Successful Home Pasta Making Recipes (Paperback)
Bought this because Amazon said "People buy this when they buy the Imperia Pasta Maker". I'd just come back from holiday in Italy where I'd had all kinds of delicious pasta dishes, and had been a keen buyer of freshly made pasta and ravioli from a local shop, Pasta Fresca da Christina.
This book sounded authoritative about the techniques, and the pasta process, but the recipes had all the hallmarks of a Sainsbury recipe card, and no sign of Ricotta and Limoni, or zucchini and gorgonzola, or any of the delicious stuff I'd just had on holiday.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars pasta machine book? c'mon, 6 Jan. 2012
By 
Pat (Ireland) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: The Pasta Machine Cookbook: 100 Simple and Successful Home Pasta Making Recipes (Paperback)
this book is not what it offers to be. there are but three or maybe four pages devoted to using a pasta making machine. the rest of it is a barely adequate and definitely unmemorable book of recipes. as far as telling me what i can do with this new gadget goes, i got more out of the book that came with it -- and that's not in english! how do i get my money back?
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


7 of 8 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, 27 Sept. 2009
By 
This review is from: The Pasta Machine Cookbook: 100 Simple and Successful Home Pasta Making Recipes (Paperback)
I havent made pasta from scratch before so i ordered this book with my pasta machine. I wouldnt say im a particularly good cook but even on first attempt it was absolutely delicous!(if i do say so myself! My girlfriend agreed)

Book includes different types of pastas how to make the different coloured pastas and also how to make desserts with pasta! Also covers the different types of ingredients that go well with pasta. Has classic recipes as well as lots of other pasta dishes. Lists the nutritional information for each recipe as well which is very helpful

Looking forward to making more fresh pasta!
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong recipe!, 30 July 2012
This review is from: The Pasta Machine Cookbook: 100 Simple and Successful Home Pasta Making Recipes (Paperback)
I know these things differ from book to book and from cook to cook, but I just couldn't get on with the pasta recipe given in this book -- the added olive oil just made it stick in my machine.

So for what it's worth, here's how I was told to do it by an Italian friend:

300g 00 flour, 100g semolina, 4 eggs.

Basta cosi!
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


‹ Previous | 1 26 | Next ›
Most Helpful First | Newest First

This product

The Pasta Machine Cookbook: 100 Simple and Successful Home Pasta Making Recipes
Used & New from: £9.97
Add to wishlist See buying options
Only search this product's reviews