5.0 out of 5 stars A very helpful book with simply delicious recipes
Published on 30 Jan 2002 by Mrs O

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this if you want ideas for an electric steamer
Published on 29 Jun 2011 by Greta Max

5.0 out of 5 stars A very helpful book with simply delicious recipes, 30 Jan 2002
This review is from: Steam Cooking: 100 Delicious and Healthy Food Receipes for All Steamers (Paperback)
I bought this book at the same time as buying a 3-tier steamer I found it was just what I needed to inspire me to this new way of cooking. It is very clear and helpful and has a useful introduction. The recipes are easy to use and results are quite delicious. I recommend the couscous stuffed trout and Goat's cheese-filled peppers! The food is very nutritious and there is a wide range of dishes. A must for anyone who fancies learning to use a steamer creatively. I've already bought it for 2 presents for friends! My grandmother had an old-fashioned steamer but we were never served such delicious food. I had no ideas of what was possible.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this if you want ideas for an electric steamer, 29 Jun 2011
I ordered this because I recently bought a Morphy Richards electric steamer, and the instruction/recipe book is worse than useless. But so is this book - although the intro MENTIONS electric steamers, all the recipes have been tested using a stainless steel stove-top steamer. So a high proportion of the recipes tell you to cook food in the base, in the boiling water - or stock, which some of the recipes call for. The one thing my instruction book DOES tell me is: never put anything other than pure water in the base - no food, no stock. So - some good ideas if you have a stove-top steamer, not so good otherwise.

2.0 out of 5 stars For adventurous cooks, 4 Sep 2009
W. Hall "Enthusiastic eater" (Surrey UK) - See all my reviews
This book is for people who are experienced and are prepared to experiment with diverse cuisine. If you want a book to help you decide whether to buy an electric or stainless steel steamer then this book is not for you. If you want a book to give you times for individual vegetables then this book is not for you. If you want a guide to simple quick steamer meal cooking then this book is not for you. I was disappointed with this book as an introduction to steamer cooking.

2.0 out of 5 stars Steam cookbook, 16 May 2010
I was looking for a book of recipes to go with a new electric steamer that I had recently bought. Unfortunately, the recipes are not all for electric steamers as the description stated - "Recipes for all steamers"

5.0 out of 5 stars Never steamed before, 17 Jun 2013
This is a great book and have used it well since recieved - new to steaming so is a good reference book looking forward to some nice meals using this method - excellent service arrived well before the prescribed date - amazing price!! will use this seller again

5.0 out of 5 stars who needs saucepans, 22 Nov 2012
M. MEE "boot queen" (Devon) - See all my reviews
I had bought a steamer after seeing someone who raved about steaming and was thrilled with it but wanted to do more than veg so the book was a great inspiratiojn

5.0 out of 5 stars First time steamer!, 20 April 2012
Mrs. P. Rogers "Instruction seeker" (Cambridgeshire UK) - See all my reviews
My first attempt at steaming was a success.Easy to use with great and for me surprisingly good results! It has increased my cooking skills and confidence.

1.0 out of 5 stars Posh Steaming, 7 April 2008
Mr. G. Williams (Cardigan, Wales) - See all my reviews
If you enjoy your Dim Sum or Cod Focaccia followed by a Fettuccine Primavera, with a Berry Clafouti to finish then you might enjoy this book. For those who want good food, cooked simply then look elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction at a very low price, 11 Sep 2014
M. A. Harris "Little Chiseler" (Puckeridge, Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
Not quite the source text I am looking for, but still a useful manual.

4.0 out of 5 stars Learning to Steam, 29 Dec 2010
Excellent wee book that takes you from the basics to some very interesting and tasty dishes.I needed a book like this to get started after buying my first steamer.

Steam Cooking: 100 Delicious and Healthy Food Receipes for All Steamers