5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another winning cookbook from Leon
If, like me, you've ever been stumped for what to cook your vegetarian friend, or just wanted to incorporate more veggies into your and your children's diet, this book is a godsend. It's full of simple, relatively quick, tasty dishes, all presented in Leon's standard stylised, accessible, home-cookbook manner.

The book's divided into two sections – one...
Published 6 months ago by S. Cobbold

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Had high hopes for this, but wasn't grabbed by many recipes.
Published 2 days ago by Much to do

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another winning cookbook from Leon, 3 Mar 2014
S. Cobbold (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leon: Fast Vegetarian (Hardcover)

The book's divided into two sections – one where the veggies are the stars and 'can stand on their own as a whole meal' and another where they're more the support act (i.e. side dishes). There seems to be a bit of crossover – particularly in the chapter dedicated to cooking for children – but by and large the first section is where you'll find mains and starters, the second sides (and a little chapter on fruity puddings).

The dishes are kept simple – 'Turnips, beetroot & orange', for example – but it's the combination of flavours, seasonings and dressings that give them the edge, and there are lots of combinations I wouldn't have thought of before. Plus (and probably most importantly) most of the ingredients are either the kind of thing you'd already have in your cupboards, or something that you could pick up easily. No more hunting around for obscure ingredients! I can see this becoming my go-to kitchen cookbook for many meals to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally an interesting vegetarian cookbook without loads of cheese, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Leon: Fast Vegetarian (Hardcover)
Sick of vegetarian cook books which rely heavily on cheese, eggs or pasta? Then this is the one for you. I have shelves of cool books, but this is my absolute tasty favourite as of a few weeks ago when so took the plunge and treated myself. I love this book, the recipes are quick, really work, and are yum. So far everything I have cooked has been delicious. As a plus the photos are very well organised, and endearing.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic easy yummy veg recipes!, 25 May 2014
I. Jenkins - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leon: Fast Vegetarian (Hardcover)
This is a lovely recipe book. The vegetarian recipes are easy to make and are full of flavour! The family (including 4 year old twins) have loved everything that I have made so far. I highly recommend it. You don't have to be a vegetarianto love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars good vegetarian recipes, 24 May 2014
Rita (HORSHAM, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leon: Fast Vegetarian (Hardcover)
I enjoyed Jane Baxters recipes in the Riverford cookbooks and here she has teamed up with the Leon team for a fast vegetarian cookbook.I have tried several recipes the vegetable jambalaya was particularly good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love all their books!, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Leon: Fast Vegetarian (Hardcover)
I LOVE all of these cookbooks. I'm vegetarian so was really happy that they have brought out a vegetarian book, I still adapted most recipes from the other books to suit my dietary requirements and enjoyed their sides and sauces. Lovely layout, great as a gift because of all the beautiful photos and the food is amazing. I have never cooked a bad meal from any of the LEON books.I would highly recommend this book if you love down to earth country food with huge flavour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Leon, 19 July 2014
This review is from: Leon: Fast Vegetarian (Hardcover)
I have all the big Leon books and this one is a must for your collection. I have a lot of books and I am very picky these days about which new ones I add to my collection.
This is hearty home cooking, great for family meals and not boring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Leon: Fast Vegetarian (Hardcover)
great recipes and easy to follow instructions.also included are very handy tips and useful info.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vegetarian recipes for those in a hurry, 28 May 2014
P. Parkes (East Sussex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leon: Fast Vegetarian (Hardcover)
One grandchild who is a vegetarian and therefore always cooking two different meals, this takes the pain and strain out of the procedure

5.0 out of 5 stars what a great book, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Leon: Fast Vegetarian (Hardcover)
this book is really readable in its format and also the recipes are all good. these are the sort of recipes that you will constantly refer to. Well done Jane!

4.0 out of 5 stars Livened up our diet, 11 Aug 2014
Fantastic book. My husband wanted to eat endless salads as he is on a diet. I was bored of lettuce again, so I bought this to liven up our diet. It's absolutely amazing. Vegetarian food is generally more effort - more ingredients, more chopping, more washing up. But every one of these recipes is lovely, not complicated and delicious. It's worth every ounce of the effort (which actually isn't any worse than peeling potatoes). We've eaten something out of this book every day for about 3 weeks now! They could all be used as an accompaniement to fish or meat too.
I love it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Leon: Fast Vegetarian
Leon: Fast Vegetarian by Jane Baxter (Hardcover - 3 Mar 2014)
17.00