on 18 February 2014
i have wanted to buy this while in Thailand where i live most of the year but it was 1x the price in Bangkok so happy to buy this book here through Amazon .. ..most impressive recipe book with photos and genuine street food.. ..dave
on 30 May 2013
This is an amazing book covering recipes from all walks of life from Thailand. The photography is very impressive too.
on 24 April 2014
What a great coffee table book, recipes are complex but the read and knowledge imparted by David Thompson is vast.
on 16 December 2015
Perfect illustrations the book isa present for my son so I cannot comment on etc.
on 5 December 2010
I bought this book for a gift for a friend, and want to get a copy for myself as I have David Thompson's previous book. Like Thai Food this book is fantastic in terms of content, recipes,-David Thompson is a genius.
My only problem is the size- it is enormous and not practical in terms of size-suitable for a strong coffee table but not practical to take into the home kitchen.
I would have thought the publishers would have considered the practicality issue of this.Publisher of Thai Street Food, if you are reading this can you consider changing the size and makign it the same as David Thompson's previous book. Everything else about this publication is wonderful.
I do hope David Thompson continues to publish further books on Thai food and share his knowledge with the rest of us.
on 30 March 2016
Beautifully produced. On a par with Hartwood and I suggest you read them both.
on 26 July 2015
The ultimate coffee table Thai cookery book. Great recipes too, from a master.
on 12 January 2011
My husband badly wanted this book, after visiting Thailand in November. Despite the book being very large (he saw it in WHSmiths) he raved on about wanting it.

Despite alot of other reviewers comments about the sheer size of the book being a problem, my husband loves it. No, it won't fit on your average bookshelf but is a book that he keeps looking at and reading over and over, bookmarking certain Thai recipes he wants to try out. It is a beautiful book and definately worth buying if Thai food is your 'thing'.
on 25 July 2015
Damage easily repaired making it excellent value. Stunning photos!
on 26 August 2014
Excellent and informative publication with good quality images