on 24 November 2005
First of all, let me say this is a truly beautiful book. The colors are bright and fun and the pictures are stunning. I love displaying it on my coffee table! But that's just the start. As someone who suffers from terrible discomfort after eating any dairy products, desserts had become a nightmare for me. I love them but I really pay for it afterwards. I spotted this book by chance when I was surfing for a present for a friend and I've been waiting eagerly for it to arrive ever since I placed the order. I've had it two weeks now and tried five of the recipes and they all taste just like the real thing. Best of all, I feel absolutely fine afterwards! The dulce de leche recipe is absolutely amazing -- you would never believe there was no dairy in there. There's even an ice cream recipe and recipe for custard. I can't wait to try the rest. Some of them are so unusual but at a glance look easy to prepare. The recipes are also gluten free. Wheat's never been a problem for me but I've read that too much is not good for you anyway so it's probably just as well to cut down. I really recommend this book to any dairy or gluten intolerance sufferers. It would also make a great present for anyone who, like me, had given up on desserts.
on 16 September 2008
What an absolutely brilliant find - a book with no gluten, dairy or soy! As anyone who needs to give up gluten and dairy will know - it is extremely hard to find a good cookbook which doesn't just use soy all the time to replace the items. I am gluten and soy intolerant, my sons are dairy and soy intolerant and my husband doesn't care he just wants yummy things - this book covers it all! I would also add there are a lot of low-sugar and sugar-free recipes here too which is great.

I absolutely LOVE this book and have told anyone who will listen all about it! Our last 4 family birthdays have been celebrated with Ariana's Sponge Cake and have been a huge success! My two young children helped me make the Shortbread cookies and then sat and ate about a dozen of them in one go. I had to physically push my husband out of the kitchen when I made the Luscious Lemon Creme! I am so much looking forward to trying every last recipe in the book and I am sure many of them will become firm family favourites for years to come.

I highly recommend this book to anyone - not just those with food intolerances! Thanks Ariana!!