4.0 out of 5 stars lovely recipes, 25 Jun. 2010
S. Kelly (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In My Kitchen: Food for Family and Friends (Hardcover)
This book is as the title says, a collection of recipes for cooking for friends and family. It is perfect for someone like me who has been cooking for years and who is looking for some new ideas for entertaining, from party snacks to dinner parties. Lots of interesting ingredients used with a bit of a twist - combinations you would not think of yourself. Everything I have made so far has been a great success. I like the insight into Annie Bell's life in France and the snippets of information about typical food in Normandy.
The instructions are straight forward for someone with common sense who already cooks but this is definitely not a cook book for beginners. The photos are lovely, not over styled, and give a realistic idea of the finished dish. There is not a photo for every recipe, which I don't mind, but people used to today's style of cook book may find this odd. This is not a coffee table cook book to be admired and put on display. It is a practical, timeless, hands on book to be used over and over again, year in and year out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 Aug. 2014
This review is from: In My Kitchen: Food for Family and Friends (Hardcover)
Nice book

In My Kitchen: Food for Family and Friends
In My Kitchen: Food for Family and Friends by Annie Bell (Hardcover - 15 May 2004)
Used & New from: £0.01