5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book, go to Sicily and cook your face off !!, 8 Dec 2010
I love cooking and eating and this book is absolutly vital if you want to go and taste the real Sicily. I booked a self-catering apartment in Castellamare del Golfo (awesome base for western part of the island) and simply bought what I needed all fresh in the mornings. It does not take long to get the basic essentials and then just topping up with meat/veg/fruit/bread each day. With this book, you know can get the best ingredients you can find and know what you are eating. I saved at least £80 X 11 for the two of us(£880 !!) and ate like a Sicilean King. This is a genuine cookbook for local cuisine, not some travel log written by a posh person. It has very interesting sections on certain ingerdients and secrets that help you understand the way it is over there.

If you love Italian food, Sicily is the best and western Sicily is the most flavoursome. This book will serve you and your belly very well indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent recipes, 11 Dec 2007
Nothing I have tried from this book has failed: mazaresi (pistachio/orange cakes), almond biscuits, sea bass with lemon and olives, rosemary potatoes with cherry tomatoes and olives. Easy to follow and lots of photographs to picture somehting before you make it.

5.0 out of 5 stars pure delight!, 23 Aug 2010
This review is from: Cucina Siciliana: Authentic Recipes and Culinary Secrets from Sicily (Hardcover)
I m so happy I bought this book, the recipies are wonderfully tasty : ), and
the pictures are simply amazing. Everything about this book is just perfect!
Reading through the pages and cooking is like strolling through a small sicilian alleys and sunny streets.

5.0 out of 5 stars A cookbook and photography book in one!, 25 Jun 2002
I have a collection of cookbooks...from the must-have Jamie Oliver, to TV's Ainsley Harriot, to badly translated books picked up on overseas holidays. When I saw this one it caught my attention, I had recently come back from visiting some relatives in Sicily and wanted to re-create some of the wonderful food I had eaten. Flicking through the pages I smiled as I recognised most of the dishes, marvelled at the fantastic photography and chuckled at the "tounge in cheek" commentary which accompanied every new section. I have never read a cookbook, but I could not put this one down. This book is not only full of great traditional recipes, but gives an intriguing insight into Sicilian culture. I loved it, but maybe it is just my Sicilian blood! I can't wait to actually get into the kitchen and create that Sicilian feast!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 1 Mar 2014
Lovely book, lots of interesting info about Sicily, beautiful photographs and fascinating information about the various dishes. Well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow what a book, 7 Nov 2012
Great book demonstrating the wonderful cuisine of Sicily - fantastic recipes that show the Sicilian food at it's best. Wouldn't be without this gem of a book

Cucina Siciliana: Authentic Recipes and Culinary Secrets from Sicily