5.0 out of 5 stars The beautiful food
Published on 1 May 2009 by BrazilBrasil

1.0 out of 5 stars Promising recipes....disappointing results
As a cook of high ability, I was thrilled that a book containing the recipes of Brazil should be available.
Published on 6 Jun. 2003 by C.P. JARVIS

5.0 out of 5 stars The beautiful food, 1 May 2009
This review is from: Street Cafe Brazil (Hardcover)
Street Cafe Brazil by the late Michael Bateman is a real gem and written by someone with a passion for food and a passion for Brazil. I have eaten many of the dishes in the book during my travels in that country over the last twenty years or so. After a recent trip to Salvador and returning with a supply of palm oil and coconut milk I tried my hand at a number of the recipes from Bahia, including Xinxim and Moqueca de camarão - both prawn dishes. Que delicia! as they say in Brazil.
This book is not only an excellent introduction to the dishes of Brazil, it also contains a collection of fine photographs to accompany the recipes plus scenes that capture the colour and diversity of a country whose food is little known abroad.

1.0 out of 5 stars Promising recipes....disappointing results, 6 Jun. 2003
C.P. JARVIS (DERBY United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Street Cafe Brazil (Hardcover)
Having tried several, including some seemingly very simple ones, I have to say that each one has turned out to be an unmitigated disaster. I actually wonder who has tested the recipes and worked on them, because they simply do not work. Such a shame for a book of great promise!
I've a good mind to ask the author for the refund of the money I've wasted trying the dishes!

Street Cafe Brazil
Street Cafe Brazil by Michael Bateman (Hardcover - 29 April 1999)
Used & New from: £0.01