5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Choice for Silver Surfers
Bought this for my Dad who's in his 80s and it fits the bill perfectly. He's been using his iPad for a while, and managed to upgrade it to iOS 7 without my help! However, his generation does like a physical reference manual which is clear without being patronising, and which uses analogies such as 'typewriters' which increase the clarity in a context that can be...
Published 9 months ago by S. D. T. Froggatt

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I bought my IOS7 ipad a month before the IOS7 edition of this guide was out, so read an IOS6 version of this guide "for Parents" in the interim. When my "for Seniors" guide arrived, I was disappointed to find that much of it was similar. I had expected basic content to cater for seniors not necessarily being au fait with iphones etc, just a basic computer...
Published 4 months ago by ActivelyRetired

‹ Previous | 16 7 816 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars I-Pad for Seniors in Easy Steps., 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: iPad for Seniors In Easy Steps 3rd Edition covers iOS 7 for iPad 2 - 5 (iPad Air) and iPad Mini (Paperback)
Have not had time to read much, but sure I will find it very useful. Cannot pass more comment until I have read it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful reference for beginners, 24 Feb 2014
I really like the friendly graphics, and writing style of the In Easy Steps series. This is a useful reference for iPad beginners - and unmasks a lot of hidden commands, mysterious gestures and applications that you will need or want to use. I use this one to help teach other people. If you have never ever used a computer, the internet or sent an email you may still need some extra help to get started and do some essential set up things.
Make sure you match the version of the book to the version of your iPad. My local store only had the book for version 6 - I bought that and discovered some things had changed on my iPad version 7 so then I bought this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy steps, 22 Feb 2014
my husband was well pleased with this book it helped him a great deal and found answers to things he didn't understand
thankyou

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for iPad users., 20 Feb 2014
Very very good - so glad I found it. Very useful indeed, particularly for a novice like me !!Good value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars seniors tech phobia, 20 Feb 2014
R. M. Cridland "Martin" (Weymouth,Dorset) - See all my reviews
pretty much covered all our needs in an easy fashion and not too confusing a layout. Suited most of our requirements.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ipad book, 28 Jan 2014
It does help a lot understanding how to use the I pad 4 tablet, and there is a lot to learn

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend this book to anyone who like me are not ..., 19 Aug 2014
I found this book extremely helpful and it has enabled me to use functions on my iPad that I couldn't work out before e.g incorporating photos in my emails.

Would recommend this book to anyone who like me are not technically minded, it is so simple to follow the instructions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to have in the library, 2 Aug 2014
Really easy to follow book for a beginner with an iPad. There have been times however when I needed advice, looked up a specific item in the index eg. screen rotation and found the instructions difficult to follow but on the whole a useful buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best iPad book, 14 Aug 2014
Tom Hansgate (England) - See all my reviews
Excellent Book, I have used an iPad for 3 years now and thought I new it all. How wrong was I. This book is easy to read and understand. Would recommend it to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very clear guide indeed!, 1 Dec 2013
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
I really like these Easy Steps Books. This one is (at the time of writing), bang up to date and takes account of the latest developments in the iPad world, namely, the advent of the iOS 7 operating system and it also covers the iPad from version 2 to the recent iPad Air.

The key points about this book are that it's written in jargon free English and, thanks to its clear, full colour format with lots of illustrations and screenshots it's really easy to follow. The content of the book also lends itself to both being read in the traditional (sequential) way but it is also easy to find sections on specific issues such as connecting to a network or using your iPad on the move etc. The key sections are as follows; Choosing your iPad; Around your iPad; The iPad keyboard; Knowing your apps; Keeping in touch; On a web Safari; Staying organised; Like a good book; Leisure time; Getting on the map; Travelling companion; and; Practical matters; plus a comprehensive index.

This is a guide to the iPad that will actually be read and used thanks to its attractive, colour layout, plus, its clear, no nonsense content. I'd also say you don't need to be a "Senior" to benefit from this book - just an iPad user. Well done Nick Vandome! Recommended

‹ Previous | 16 7 816 | Next ›