4.0 out of 5 stars Good Starter Book
I originally borrowed this book from my local library and then bought Eben's User Guide! But this book had so much extra in it that I ended up buying this too. Only complaint is that it doesn't list the HDMI codes - but these are available on the web anyway.
Published 12 months ago by Adriatik

1.0 out of 5 stars Easy steps, for who?
I have a collection of 'Easy Steps' books, all of which I have used, and am using, such as the 'Windows 8'. However this book is a completely different kettle of fish.
Published 1 month ago by Cavecanum

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Starter Book, 12 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says!, 20 Jan 2014
Mr. J. C. S. Wong "JamesW" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raspberry Pi In Easy Steps (Paperback)
It does what it says, After getting all the necessary parts/cables and dowloading software and installing them. I manged to get it running by following the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book with colour and great format, 5 Dec 2013
The form at of this book and practical use of colour and various topics it covers just makes it a must have for beginners and possible experienced as a reference perhaps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Raspberry Pi book, 7 July 2013
L. Wildman "Saltings" (Milton Keynes, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raspberry Pi In Easy Steps (Paperback)
This is just great! It spells all the stages of setting up, what not to do and what you MUST do in very clear steps. I think it should be incorporated in every school library

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, 22 Mar 2014
This is a very nice book for a beginner, wouldn't really recommend for an advanced person or someone that's been using a raspberry pi for a few months

5.0 out of 5 stars Good clear basic instruction, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Raspberry Pi In Easy Steps (Paperback)
Well suited to me, a first timer to this basic electronic device. well worth buying if your new to this sort of thing

4.0 out of 5 stars Raspberry Pi in Easy Steps, 9 April 2013
J. M. Maden "Fell walker" (Lake District) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raspberry Pi In Easy Steps (Paperback)
I purchased a Raspberry a good few months ago but haven't yet had the time to play with it. I got this book to help me set it up and have yet to collect all the required bits and pieces together. I have skimmed through the book and it does look very informative with the usual easy to follow instructions.

1.0 out of 5 stars Easy steps, for who?, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Raspberry Pi In Easy Steps (Paperback)
It is not a book for children, it is not a book for teenagers unless they are at ALevel standard. Indeed it is a book written for experienced users of programming languages that understand the whole deal of addressing I/O and so forth, as well as addressing directories and the computer in the Linux version of DOS.
I'm a systems engineer working in industrial PLC's and also often writing operating manuals, and I found the book all but impossible to follow. I programmed one of the first games on a Sinclair and I write massive Access progs as well as machine code based PLC's, but this book defeated me.
It is written for the American market, (set your zone to EST???).
It has a nice layout, twice, of the GP10 breakout, but no consistent listing of all the linux commands and what description there is leaves much to your ability to work out the consequence of the command, a bit fundamental that.
We then move onto the Python language.
I know less about it now than when I started, which language is it based on?
The way it is presented makes it so slippery to understand, you can see why it is called Python.
Maybe the book should be subtitled 'Monty'....

Lovely colour pictures, most all but pointless

Very not happy. For very advanced beginners only. (A contradiction in terms?)

Heyho

2.0 out of 5 stars Yankee doodle dandy!, 25 April 2013
Mr. S. Brown - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raspberry Pi In Easy Steps (Paperback)
A British? author churning out how-to books for a British? publisher about a British? computer. Well this bloke certainly is prolific and he actually writes quite well. I have two of his titles, this one I paid full price for at Maplins. But gosh doesn't the boot boy approach of this lackey to america irritate. It's in full *color* with extra *colorization* added for extra $$$ value. And it will tell you how to set your keyboard to american, your locale to "USA, USA, all the way" and your timezone to Eastern. The price on the back is at least in s and ... only 15 dollar!

Set <jingo> + <sarcasm> = off

The book is actually very good and gives a surprisingly comprehensive introduction.

ARRAY(0xaed8fb28)

Raspberry Pi In Easy Steps
Raspberry Pi In Easy Steps by Mike McGrath (Paperback - 22 Feb 2013)
8.29