on 18 May 2013
I bought this for my elderly friend (76), who had just acquired a laptop, his first foray into the web. He thought I was his number one port of call, that I knew everything (which I didn't of course), and eventually in self-preservation I bought this for him. Problem solved, and then some! He is well pleased with his progress now, and feels good into the bargain. Another triumph with bells on! Many thanks indeed.
on 16 April 2013
Whether you are an experienced user or novice,you will benefit from reading this book.It is written in plain English and logical steps which everyone can follow.Buy it if you want to make the most of your laptop.
on 4 May 2013
I bought this for my dad whos 80 and just purchased a laptop for the first time.This book has proved very helpful for his needs.
on 22 March 2014
Disappointed this was not what I expected. I had a new laptop for Xmas from my husband that used windows 8 .i wanted a reference book to open and check "how to do" this was not it
on 20 August 2013
Easy to follow with excellent illustrations and explanations. A very useful publication and highly recommended. Well woth the purchase of this book
on 21 August 2013
Explains things clearly and gives helpful illustrations. I found it invaluable - doesn`t try to blind you with over-technical jargon.
on 11 June 2013
A good book for an oldy like me. Explains things in an easy manner. I would recommend this book for anyone.
on 23 January 2014
great book,having used windows 7 have now upgraded up to windows 8 and this is a great book to guide you through the basics which is all i needed for my laptop,plain English and plenty of illustrations to help you on the way, really good.
on 30 April 2014
I'm afraid that I do not find any book which tells me that that it is an easy way to learn something, is usually wrong for me. I'm quite sure that this is a generational problem which particularly applies to computer type learning.
on 25 March 2013
I need a simple to understand text and book as I dislike jargon .Even my husband is reading it so it must be accessable!!