on 18 September 2012
This book takes you through many of the functions of CS6, however each function is described in isolation. The book does a good job in describing how each function works and is well written and is very easy to follow. The book does not tie everything together and leaves the reader with the thought...well what do i do next? Its a bit like describing the function of the clutch and gears within a car in isolation to each other, then expecting someone to drive. A good book... but you will need to buy another book to learn how to use CS6.
on 14 June 2014
I have been using Photoshop for quite a few years but it is a 'huge' programme and can be used by different people in very different ways. A web designer, graphic artist, illustrator, photographer, video artist and so on will all use the software in a different way often ignoring other things it can do because they don't use them.

I started mainly using Photoshop in a photographic context but my work has evolved over the years to encompass print making and video and whilst I use other specialist programs, it is always worth taking a look at what you already have. In this context, whilst in buying this book, a lot of what it tells you I already know, it has given me a couple of 'pointers' to things that I can do with PS that I wasn't aware of because previously, I hadn't used the program that way so good value.

As to how useful it would be to a complete novice, in truth I can't really say but I suspect that it would be very helpful because it does cover a lot of basic stuff that more "advanced" books overlook because they assume that their audience "will know that" already.
on 22 October 2012
Adobe photoshop is extremley complicated most tomes about using it are even more so. With this guide you work out what you want to do turn to the appropiate page for simple instructions in a couple of sentences
on 26 November 2014
Excellent Value, 50% cheaper than the Publishers price, arrived within 48 hours of Order being placed. A good book for the beginner, so good in fact, I have arranged for my college to purchase 5 more copies for our tech library.
on 16 April 2014
Very happy, next day delivery and brand new book.
Although bought book to use it in class it's very helpful for using it yourself at home.
on 17 April 2015
Not really what I expected. It's really basic and doesn't go into the more advanced techniques that I require.
on 14 February 2015
Not had a chance to thoroughly go through yet but looks clear and easy to follow
on 21 January 2016
Good easy book to use for Photoshop. Better books?? find out.
on 3 March 2016
Goo colour illustrations make it easy to follow.
on 17 February 2016