I was looking for a book to introduce me to the basics, and this has checked the check boxes for that and then some! shows some nifty performance enhancement techniques as well as the basics!

I have other books in this range too!
Published 5 months ago by Valentine

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as detailed as I hoped
Published 10 months ago by user10

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic resource to get the basics down in a hurry! I have both Physical and Kindle!, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: C Programming In Easy Steps 4th Edition (Paperback)

I have other books in this range too!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as detailed as I hoped, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: C Programming In Easy Steps 4th Edition (Paperback)
Bought when I started programming at university, the book was recommended by my course. Probably good if you're teaching yourself, but within 4-5 weeks on my course we had advanced the level covered by the book, so not much use to me. For the price of it I wouldn't really recommend it, online information (although unfortunate for authors nowadays) is just as good and has no level limit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: C Programming In Easy Steps 4th Edition (Paperback)
brilliant book for under 200 pages, don't expect to learn how to build complex programs from this book as that's not what this book is for. However it will give you the basic skills required to understand a more advanced C programming book. being as i learned VB.Net in college running over 2 years now and now going to university soon, i wanted a head start in learning the very basics of C, C++ and Java and all the books in this series (of the 3 in question) worked well in giving me a basic understanding so i don't struggle when assignments are given. However in all the books in this series there are typos in the code(of 20 or so programming books from simple HTML to advanced VB.NET only 1 has been free of typos from a number of different authors so im guessing its normal) but that helped me in ways of problem solving however i would recommend getting a better compiler then the one said to be used (some may like the one given). so a great book for next to no money, easy to follow and gives you a strong foundation to gain a better understanding of programming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy To Understand!, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: C Programming In Easy Steps 4th Edition (Paperback)
Great for University Students who are just a beginners just like me. This book helps me understand the foundation of programming and also the guides me thoroughly on mastering the basics. I am certain that my knowledge of programming will definitely increase as i finish this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 19 July 2013
This review is from: C Programming In Easy Steps 4th Edition (Paperback)
This book is good at what it promises, it may help to have some prior knowledge but its certainly not a requirement. If you want to Learn C programming then you could do a lot worse than buy this book.

Good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 8 July 2013
This review is from: C Programming In Easy Steps 4th Edition (Paperback)
Good value, well written for the complete beginner.
This book is very basic - but then it doesn't pretend to be anything else. It will help you get started in C programming, but you will soon find the need for for a more comprehensive guide.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good layout: each topic is presented in a 2-page ..., 14 Nov 2014
H. Thomas (Mid-Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: C Programming In Easy Steps 4th Edition (Paperback)
Good layout: each topic is presented in a 2-page spread. A nasty layout problem on 2 pp, but this is corrected on the publisher's website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Aug 2014
Very informative

2.0 out of 5 stars Confusing, 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: C Programming In Easy Steps 4th Edition (Paperback)
The downloads that are required didn't work as expected. And when I further investigated to solve the problem, I was given a solution which I thought would suffice. It didn't. It was to do with the Order of registry which meant my computer wouldn't recognize that C Programming language, and no matter how many different ways I tried the solutions provided by the book and internet I could just not get it to work.

I'm sure if I solved this problem in the end, it would have been a useful resource. But to be honest, the solution was extremely complicated for my level of knowledge on the subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: C Programming In Easy Steps 4th Edition (Paperback)
Excellent book with all the hints and tips you will need to start learning to program in C. Highly recommended

C Programming In Easy Steps 4th Edition
C Programming In Easy Steps 4th Edition by Mike McGrath (Paperback - 17 April 2012)