5.0 out of 5 stars PamG Spalding
The Windows 8 for Seniors in Easy Steps book was an excellent purchase for me having just acquired a new Desktop PC and was cautious whether I would like and understand the latest software which was somewhat different from Windows Vista. It guides you through all the basics and leads on to much more technical information. Well worth it!! Also speedy delivery.
Published 16 months ago by PamG

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright for someone who understands a little about computers.
This is supposed to be for 'Dummies' but a lot of it is lost on me, a real 'Dummie'. You are expected to understand certain jargon, and there is no explanation in the book. For instance, ISP when they could have put 'Internet Service Provider'. All you 'experts' out there may laugh because it so obvious (when you know) but not to us beginners. A good buy for those with...
Published 21 months ago by J. Coppin

5.0 out of 5 stars easy, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Windows 8 for Seniors in Easy Steps (Paperback)
Very clear explanations step by step. Clear colour photographs, visual photos make explanation much more comprehensible. Would certainly recommend to same age friend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what it claims to be, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Windows 8 for Seniors in Easy Steps (Paperback)
I bought this book to find out why the size of pages would suddenly change to postage stame size or bill poster size and how to stop it.
No luck. I then started at the begining of the book and tried to find which release of Windows 8 I had. 'Press WinKey and Break Key together ' was the Instruction. No indication where these keys were, found WinKey was the one with the windows logo on it via Ask Jeeves but never found where Break key was. Honestly this book is useless.DONT BUY IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taking a while to digest., 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Windows 8 for Seniors in Easy Steps (Paperback)
Hasn't had much time to work on it as my partner's new computer has been giving him some teething problems. But looking forward to using it.

2.0 out of 5 stars not much use, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Windows 8 for Seniors in Easy Steps (Paperback)
Not clearly laid out and only of limited help with specific queries. Pictures and contents are clear. Would not buy this one again. Other similar available, but found the on line help of more use anyway.

4.0 out of 5 stars Windows 8 for Seniors in Easy Steps, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: Windows 8 for Seniors in Easy Steps (Paperback)
Once you get used to indexing it's very good and informative. I was waiting in the hope that Microsoft would reprieve the old XP operating system but they took too long for me and my cicumstances(health)

5.0 out of 5 stars windows 8, 22 Jan 2014
Annmarie marlow (FRANCE) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Windows 8 for Seniors in Easy Steps (Paperback)
I am very old and very slow at this new machine so very grateful for all the help this book gives me. I will not get up to grade one but I will have damn good try with this book

4.0 out of 5 stars Windows 8 For Seniors in Easy Steps, 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: Windows 8 for Seniors in Easy Steps (Paperback)
Handy reference book to have nearby, but what l was looking for was a bit obscure, a good book though

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful guide., 21 Dec 2013
Sheila-Ann (Leicestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Windows 8 for Seniors in Easy Steps (Paperback)
Have yet to try out but I'm sure it will be helpful. I would recommend to anyone new to win 8.1

5.0 out of 5 stars Seniors * No Problem a book for all, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: Windows 8 for Seniors in Easy Steps (Paperback)
I ordered this book as I had used Widows Vista for my last P. C. This book is equally easy to follow and covers everything I needed to know to get me up and going.on my upgrade.It explains all one needs, how to use the touch screen devices ,browse the internet and download. I have been able to watch movies. It also explains how to keep my laptop safe. I love the Illustrations all in colour, the laungage is easy to follow and I feel its good value for money, some of my senior friends will find this book in their Christmas stocking, Clever Sants

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows 8 for seniors, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Windows 8 for Seniors in Easy Steps (Paperback)
I have to say I have bought these books before by Micheal Price as I changed my computers from XP, Vista & windows 7 and have found them easy to understand. I can recommend this book as someone who started using a computer later in life.

Windows 8 for Seniors in Easy Steps
Windows 8 for Seniors in Easy Steps by Michael Price (Paperback - 5 Oct 2012)
Used & New from: £8.86