4.0 out of 5 stars Helped get into the software and use it effectively.
Published on 17 Mar 2012 by RJP the Book Boy

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK!
Book is quite well laid out but I found it a bit short on the 'How To...' elements for some of the features and was left wondering on many occasions.

Very basic but OK maybe for complete novices.
Published 20 months ago by MJK

4.0 out of 5 stars Helped get into the software and use it effectively., 17 Mar 2012
RJP the Book Boy "Book boy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 10 In Easy Steps (Paperback)
This book on Photoshop Elerments 10 has helped me get into the more advanced functions like layers. I have always found these a mysery in Photoshop but this book has helped me understand and master them in Elemnets 10. I now use this software for all my day to day work and have hardly used Photoshop since getting it as it can do all I want. This book has really opended up the creative side of photography for me and is a great companion to the software. The author has worked hard to make lerning Elements 10 easy and fun and all the works throughs are very helpful. I used to only use the simple tools in photo editing software but Eleemnts 10 and this book have helped me go much deeper into the software without having a huge learning curve to follow. The book acts as a course or a dip into book to find out how to do something. Some people may find this book simlistic but it has opened doors for me which I never thought I would find myself going through, I know now haw to manipulate RAW files, do layers, cutouts and ofcourse sort my pictures out into some sort of order using the filing system which comes with Elements 10. A great book for those who want to go beyond the basics but have not got the time or inclination to read for hours about how to achieve different effects etc. This book makes a great instruction book for Elerments 10 and I am glad I have it by me when editing my pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, 4 Feb 2012
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 10 In Easy Steps (Paperback)
It's very easy to follow instructions in this book, especially if you have used a previous version of Elements. Worth buying if you want straightforward instructions/

5.0 out of 5 stars A really useful guide!, 7 May 2012
Pepper (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 10 In Easy Steps (Paperback)
Although I have been using digital cameras for over a decade now I have been much slower to embrace post shoot processing with Photoshop Elements. Where I have wanted to lighten a shot etc. I've relied on the programme that the manufacturer bundled with the camera.

I loaded up Photoshop Elements 10 having bought this book and am delighted by it in every aspect.

The layout is excellent and the steps are progressive. After having introduced you to the software and helping you organise your images the book then takes you through "first digital steps", "quick wins"; "beyond basics" and on to things like "selecting areas"; "layers"; "text and drawing tools"; "artistic effects" on to "sharing and creating" and "printing".

The way in which in the book manages you through this progression is very effective. There are clear instructions and illustrations on every page, plus, on the side of most pages there are small "don't forget" panels, plus, where appropriate, "hot tips". The sequence of the book is entirely logical and it is easy to locate something you want to go back to thanks to the clear, spacious layout and comprehensive index. I am really enjoying developing my confidence (and hopefully competence!) using this book by Nick Vandome.

The book which covers both the Windows and Mac versions of Photoshop Elements 10, is printed in full colour and runs to just under 200 pages. What is also significant is that it is one of the cheapest books on Photoshop Elements 10 by a margin - however, this is one of those all too rare occasions where cheapest does not mean second best by any means. Recommended for beginners and intermediate users alike.

4.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop Elements 10 book, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 10 In Easy Steps (Paperback)
This is a good and helpful book and has been a lot of use in giving clearer explanations than those given in the official manual

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK!, 25 Feb 2013
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 10 In Easy Steps (Paperback)

Very basic but OK maybe for complete novices.

3.0 out of 5 stars photoshop elemets 10 in easy steps, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 10 In Easy Steps (Paperback)
Helpful but it didn't always answer the problem I had. I had to go on to youtube for further, clearer explanations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful book, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 10 In Easy Steps (Paperback)
I already had a Photoshop Elements 10 Manual, which was too hard to understand. This book is so much better. It is easy to work your way through and learn how to understand Photoshop. A good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 10 In Easy Steps (Paperback)
This is a really helpful book which was recommended to me by a friend. I would certainly pass the recommendation on to anyone who is new to photoshop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpfull, 30 April 2013
Gerald Appleby "Bob Appleby" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 10 In Easy Steps (Paperback)
It's a help even if you are only upgrading from a previous version of Elements.Well worth buying.I'm glad that I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars photos, 1 Jan 2013
This review is from: Photoshop Elements 10 In Easy Steps (Paperback)
this is the best photoshop elements yet, I find it easy to follow & work out exactly what I need to do

Photoshop Elements 10 In Easy Steps
Photoshop Elements 10 In Easy Steps by Nick Vandome (Paperback - 22 Dec 2011)