Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 August 2014
I like the Easy Step Books as they put a emphasis on diagrams and then write the text against the diagram, this technique greatly helps keeping track of where you are when reading and seeing the big picture before you start. Unlike the Dummies books which have a bias towards text.

Agile and all the methods that can make up Agile are explained here, with diagrams first then text. For me the revelation was that I had already been using Agile methods for my whole 20 year career, I just did not know that they were called Agile. Scrum, Extreme Programming, DSDM etc are all clearly explained.

Excellent diagrams with clear concise text, keep in mind though, as with reading a book on how to drive a car, you can only learn to drive by getting in the car and driving, the same applies here, you can read all the books you like but you will have to practice Agile before you can state you actually know how to use it.

I already had many years of practice, this book was excellent helping me learn the terminology which everyone uses and I now speak their language and able to sell my services with clarity.

I took and passed the Agile certification and now recognised as a master practitioner after reading this book.

Diagram lead is the best teaching technique for me and many others, Easy Steps book do this the best and they have done so again to explain Agile Project Management.
on 3 February 2013
I am new to Agile and this book is a great start, it is clear and layed out in a very engaging style. The book is very much focused on what I am learning to be the pure software side of Agile but the techniques described can be applied, with a little thought, to a wider range of projects. Its other strength is its size, in one evening I was able to skim read it then jump back to get the detail I have needed. It has become my go to reference when I am explaining to the management team what Agile is and how it is applied to the projects we are working.
on 30 November 2012
Having been on the edge of several Agile projects but not getting the full gist of the process, I found this book to be very informative and yet simple and straightforward to read. A very useful guide to understanding this suite of related project processes.
on 24 May 2013
Very handy for those who are new to Agile World
Chapters are designed very well , nice tips
I enjoyed it very well
on 25 April 2014
This book provides a very clear guide to the Agile methodology for Project Management and includes a sound comparison with the Waterfall approach.
Easy to follow.
on 17 January 2015
Really clear and informative for the beginner to projects. Well laid out and understandable. One of the best authors out there. Highly reccommd
on 28 September 2015
Not very well presented. Relayed in a very monotonous fashion. Some information is contradictory. Get another book.
on 5 September 2015
This book is simple and an easy read not too much jargon and some good easy to understand methodology
on 25 March 2015
Good basic guide. Not in the same class as 'dummies' in my opinion. Definitely worth a read though
on 19 May 2015
Perfect intro to Agile PM - covers all the basics and provides checklists for each area.