5.0 out of 5 stars Suitable for all.
Published on 11 Mar. 2011 by Katewell

3.0 out of 5 stars Ease of assimilation
I found the content to be adequate for a computer user of my age and comparative inexperience (I am an octogenarian).
Published on 20 Feb. 2013 by jamie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Suitable for all., 11 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Laptops for Seniors In Easy Steps - Windows 7 Edition (Paperback)
I'm not a senior but bought this book as I wanted a plain language, straight forward book telling me what I needed to learn. It didn't disappoint and I wouldn't hesitate to buy this type of book for seniors again. I highly recommend it for anyone who has very little starting knowledge and just wants to know how to do the basics in a straight forward way. It's easy to read cover to cover and to use for reference. Overall, a very good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars so helpful!, 21 April 2012
ElaineG (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
We bought this for my husband's parents when they got their first laptop (we chose this one as we didnt want to get the "for dummies" one, as they might have taken offence!) and it has been an absolute godsend. Our phone line was a bit like the new BT commercial where the son is bombarded with phone calls from his mother about the internet - so we needed something nice and straightforward to teach them the basics and this book certainly has chapters on everything they could possibly need to know. Since reading it they are uploading and sharing their photos with no problem, they have sussed out their email completely and even using Firefox rather than Internet Explorer. Proof of how helpful this book is, is the fact that without a single bit of input from us, they are even managing to create their own spreadsheets in Excel. I would certainly recommend this book to anyone, not just a senior citizen, who is on their first laptop and needs some guidance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks OK., 6 Jun. 2011
Bawddwr (Cymru / Wales) - See all my reviews
Purchased this item for my elderly neighbour who has just purchased her 1st Laptop! Seems to be doing the job ok!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laptops for Seniors, 18 Nov. 2011
Before purchasing any product I need to know that it has a wide coverage of the subject of interest with clear instructions, easy to follow text and illustrations. This book met my requirements.

4.0 out of 5 stars stuff for seniors, 5 Mar. 2012
Prompt delivery. Book very easy to understand and have been able to use it to sort out stuff on my own without calling in reinforcements. Maybe a bit too easy as it didn't include more complex stuff. Still good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Laptops for seniors in easy steps, 1 Oct. 2011
Got for a neighbour who says its excellent he has never used a computer and is now surfing the net

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for getting people started, 11 Feb. 2011
Much appreciated by the friend who it was bought for. Having just got their first computer it provides a useful quick reference without a load of jargon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ease of assimilation, 20 Feb. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Laptop information, 28 Feb. 2012
This booklet is quite informative for seniors, and is a good starting point for someone not use to laptops.Would reccomend it as a starting point

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy Steps? For who?, 12 Feb. 2013
Caroline Burghard (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
I read the reviews before buying this book - I was looking for a basic step-by-step guide for the adjustment from Vista to Windows 7, a newer edition of Word, etc.
If you want to know how to travel with your laptop, you'd probably find this helpful. If you want to know how to open multiple windows in Windows 7, and other necessary basics clearly deemed by the writer not worth mentioning, look for something else! (Or ask a child....)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Laptops for Seniors In Easy Steps - Windows 7 Edition
Laptops for Seniors In Easy Steps - Windows 7 Edition by Nick Vandome (Paperback - 15 Jan. 2010)