on 30 January 2009
I think the book is excellent, but then I should as I wrote it! Seriously, I was asked to compare it to all the other similar project management guides, including Project Management for Dummies & I reckon this is better value for money and a lot easier to read. That is largely down to the format and quality of printing provided by In Easy Steps.

As to the quality of my content I will be interested in seeing what others think. Colleagues and friends who have read it so far have been very complimentary but it would be interesting to see what others think. If you buy it I hope you enjoy it... and be lucky with your projects (page 185).

Now superseded by Effective Project Management in easy steps and supplemented by Agile Project Management in easy steps.

John.
review image review image
on 16 February 2010
I don't know that this is the right book for me. I mean, will it really help me to be a better project manager ?

I did hope to get a free copy of the book because John Carroll, the author, is a cousin of mine. In the end I had to buy it myself ! This had a significant impact on my cash flow.

There are other project management books on the market. I could mention one by Marion E.Haynes that I found helpful.

I've just thought. The book might help me to be a better member of a project team as well. That would be a result !

John Barron