on 30 March 2010
As someone completely new to CS3 and InDesign I spent some time researching for useful text books to help me get started and this fit the bill perfectly.

It's a book aimed at complete beginners, taking you through most of the standard features in InDesign CS3 and how to use them exactly as the title suggests - in easy steps. The book has full colour illustrations and is written in plain English, with very little jargon used.

If you already have some experience with older InDesign versions you may find the content a little too basic but if you are a complete newbie and looking for help on how to get started then this book is ideal.
on 29 August 2010
I'm new to InDesign and am finding this guide really helpful, as it walks you through step by step with tips along the way. The index makes it easy to find things you need along the way, although I'm struggling to make sense of some of the projects you can download from the accompanying website - however I'm only part way through so expect all will be revealed.
on 20 March 2014
A great book for getting to grips with the CS3 software and to dip into when I'm a bit stuck.
on 24 July 2014
Good book but just looks so boring. Fine for reference though.