on 30 April 2008
This, in my opinion is the best introductory guide to HTML that I have seen. I have been using HTML for a while, and have in fact taught HTML on an Access to HE course. Even so, there were a number of things that were new to me. As a consequence, I checked all my HTML books, many of them far bigger than this, and found that I could not find these topics. I can only conclude that the book is right up-to-date.

What I like is the clear presentation, and the modern emphasis of doing everything in a style-sheet if at all possible.

Each topic is broken up into simple chunks / steps that last for 1 or 2 pages. There are nice simple examples that involve a few lines of code, a very clear explanation and a screen-dump depicting what you would expect to see on the screen.

I only wish I had this book a number of years ago. I certainly could have put together a better HTML course if I had.
VINE VOICEon 11 May 2011
If you are just starting HTML then this book is for you. It covers HTML in sufficent detail for a beginner. Don't expect advanced stuff in this book. It teaches you like you are in primary school.
My problem with this book is that it covers HTML 4 which in my view is dated. I think its better to get a version that covers atleast XHTML Transtional.

So in my opinion, thi one is not very useful though you can still exrapolate the lessons to XHTML.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I worked my way through this book as a complete notice and found it quite easy to pick up. Can even be read before going to sleep, it is that easy going. The best part of the book is the actual page quality and feel, they have a way of making quite technical pages seem straight forward.

I recommend this book, and myself bought the css one.

Domainchest.co.uk