on 14 April 2002
In my opinion Windows XP in Easy Steps is, I am sorry to say, a disappointment.
Having been mightily impressed with both Photoshop 6 and HTML in the same series, I bought Windows XP without hesitation.
But where the others in the series provided a high degree of help for the advanced user as well as leading the beginner gently by the hand, Windows XP in Easy Steps covers little more than Windows basics.
I would only recommend it to those who have never used Windows before. If you have used Windows 9x the book is not a worthwhile purchase as you will pick up XP quicker by using it.
on 20 May 2002
I found this title really easy to read and follow. It covers the basics as well as advanced features that weren't in the other title, Windows XP for Dummies, I bought before this one - even though the Dummies book was almost twice the price. Examples include new features like Windows Messenger and .NET Passport which are covered really well here.
on 13 March 2002
This book is an easy way to learn how to use Microsoft windows XP. It tells you what to do step by step .It helps you to understand how XP works and what can it do.
on 5 March 2013
Bought this for my partner who has XP on his computer. He finds it easy to follow, so it must be easy. I have the same guide for Windows 7 which I wouldn't be without. Easy to find what you are looking for when you need it and talks you through it in straightforward language. You won't get better for this price.
on 1 November 2014
Great book and value - speedy delivery too