Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 October 2000
This book is great for an intermediate user of the Net like me. It's really helped me find out more about how to use search engines effectively and helped me in setting up a web-based email system. It's not as full of jargon as most of the other internet guidebooks that are around. The dictionary section is really comprehensive and explains terms in a way that I can easily understand. It's a really handy size too, which means I can always carry it around with me. Even though it's got 480 pages, it still fits in my pocket! One of the best things about it is the price - under £3 for so much useful information. How can they afford to give it away for so little? I definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to know how to use the Internet.
on 9 November 2000
Its great to have basic questions about the in's and out's of the internet answered in an easy-going way. Even if you are not a novice its an interesting and attractive little book, extending surfing skills. I found it especially helpful in eliminating fruitless searches.
on 6 October 2000
FANTASTIC! I'm quite an experienced user of the internet, but this book has taught me so much more. From the informative opening chapter that explains the history of the web, to the a-z section in part two, this book has something for everyone. Whether you're a beginner, or a regular user like me, this is a great reference tool. They should include this book with every computer sold; I can safely say that it is a nodern day work of genius.
on 7 November 2000
This book is worth every penn... It manages to distil a lot of information which I'm sure is found in many other books, but in a way which is not demanding on the reader. It also has some very well-produced graphic images to help the reader visualise the text. The ideal Christmas present for the virtually-challenged.
on 21 October 2000
This is the most user friendly guide I have encountered yet... compact enough not to have to spend hours wading through confusing jargon yet still covers everything an intermediate user like myself would need to know! Excellent!!!
on 26 August 2013
Very informative book compact and I find it very useful indeed - good price & very handy I recommend this
on 8 February 2014
So good reading as it is so Enlightening in a Dip- IN & Dip- Out way thank you all very much.