5.0 out of 5 stars Low Fat Low Cholesterol Cookbook
Published on 27 Jun. 2012 by K E Powell

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for identical book with different title
This book is very good and has some excellent unfussy recipes. However, watch out there is an identical book by the same author published under a different title - I've finished up with both! That's why I have given it a low score
Published on 31 Dec. 2012 by Barry2012

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Low Fat Low Cholesterol Cookbook, 27 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The Ultimate Low Cholesterol Low Fat Cookbook (Paperback)
Love this book, everything I've made so far has been really tasty.! Bought it last week and have used it loads already - nothing worse than buying a cookbook that looks good and then finding most of the recipes contain ingredients that you just wouldn't eat. All the recipes have 'finished' pictures and at least 2 step-by-step pics. Really good instructions, can't really go wrong with it...........will turn anyone into a cook!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally good cook book, 9 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Ultimate Low Cholesterol Low Fat Cookbook (Paperback)
Having just been told by my GP that I needed to get my cholesterol levels down by changing my diet I found this book very helpful. I have to say that I don't eat any meat other than chicken, and I have cut out all dairy ( which is very limiting food wise) except from skimmed milk, so my challenge of reducing my cholesterol was going to be a tough one from the onset. However, in this book I found recipes for cake - yes, cake - using sunflower oil instead of fats and having wholemeal flour and walnuts for extra fibre. It lifted my spirits! and tastes really yummy. There are loads of sweet things that I can actually eat without the risk of cholesterol.
There are also loads of recipes for fish, chicken and other meat that are delicious. Plenty of variety for every meal time.
and I succeeded in reducing my cholesterol levels whilst feeling that I wasn't missing out on anything.
An excellent purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars cooking, 8 Oct. 2012
This review is from: The Ultimate Low Cholesterol Low Fat Cookbook (Paperback)
I have just received this book and have cooked about 3 dinners and have liked them all and so have my 2 boys who are fussy I even got my oldest to eat shepards pie as it has a different name in the book and to try mashed potatoes for the 1st time. Its a book I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars you can eat after all!, 13 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Ultimate Low Cholesterol Low Fat Cookbook (Paperback)
What a find! A friend leant me the hard backed version and I knew I just had to buy my own. I was able to buy a good condition used copy at amazon...so cheap! Already have several favourite recipes identified. Its like dieting without the diet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cookery Book Review, 24 Jan. 2010
Ultimate Low Cholesterol, Low Fat Cookbook: The Perfect Step-by-step Collection of Over 150 Authentic Delicious Low Fat for Healthy Living

Great book - if a little dated in its photography. But the recipes are just what I was looking for. Thanks.
Kate

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for identical book with different title, 31 Dec. 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 1 July 2013
This review is from: The Ultimate Low Cholesterol Low Fat Cookbook (Paperback)
I bought this book because I wanted some inspiration for new low-fat and healthy recipes. I was dismayed to find out how HEAVY the book is, whilst still being a paperback, so it is difficult to hold and hold open to use. I found that the majority of the recipes featured a lot of spices - the objective of which I guess is to add some flavour to otherwise bland dishes, but my husband is not at all keen on spicey food as he has a duodenal hernia, so that immediately took out more than half of the collection. I will use it occasionally, but it isn't the "low fat bible" I was hoping for, sadly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what it seems, 23 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Ultimate Low Cholesterol Low Fat Cookbook (Paperback)
It is supposed to be a low fat, and low cholesterol cookbook, but although most of the recipes are low fat, some of them have loads of cholesterol. In the meat section are several lamb dishes which have more than 100mg of cholesterol per serving! It looks as though she ran out of ideas and just stuck any old recipe in to fill it up. That said there are one or two recipes which are interesting and low fat/cholesterol. If I had seen it before purchase i wouldn't have bought it.

3.0 out of 5 stars surprised., 8 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Ultimate Low Cholesterol Low Fat Cookbook (Paperback)
After being told to keep away from fatty meats i.e. lamb, beef , pork etc. I was surprised to see so many recipes with those ingredients also we are informed that the saturated fat content should be below 5 some of the recipes were well above . There were however some very good recipes and they will be very useful

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected, 12 July 2013
This review is from: The Ultimate Low Cholesterol Low Fat Cookbook (Paperback)
Despite the delicious looking food on the cover, many recipes seem to look like a pile of frankly, unappetising mush. Some of them appear okay but I have not yet been inspired to get cooking from it. Sorry! Think I'd like to look through the next cook book I buy, before I buy it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Ultimate Low Cholesterol Low Fat Cookbook
The Ultimate Low Cholesterol Low Fat Cookbook by Christine France (Paperback - May 2003)
Used & New from: £0.01