4.0 out of 5 stars British food at it's best with a twist of ethnic cuisine.
The beautifully illustrated recipes make your mouth water just looking at them. All recipe measurements appear in old and metric and has an easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to cooking classic British dishes with a hint of ethnic cuisine. A fabulous gift for people setting up home for the first time.
Published on 10 Oct 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the more experienced cook
Published on 26 Jun 2007 by Adomestikgoddess

4.0 out of 5 stars British food at it's best with a twist of ethnic cuisine., 10 Oct 2001
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Old Traditional Cooking, 10 Feb 2004
D. Simons "collectauctionamazon" (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
I like this book because it gives you all the traditional recipies from Shepherds Pie to Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding. This is good as some people who dont cook often may not know how to make these great British Dishes. This keeps British cooking alive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent collection of traditional recipes, 14 Mar 2002
By A Customer
While living in England, I spent much time searching for a collection of favourite British recipes to bring back to the States. This book is wonderful. Not only are there pictures and easy directions for the recipes, but the inclusion of different measurements allows for ease of preparation now that we are back in the States. I highly recommend this cookbook to anyone looking for a comprehensive collection of traditional British recipes and I plan to buy several more copies for my children and friends. Buying this book was money well spent!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the more experienced cook, 26 Jun 2007
This is a great book for a novice cook, I bought it for myself but now intend to give it to my newly married daughter, I was hoping for a book of traditional british recipes - but this wasn't it, it was great fare - but run of the mill stuff that anyone can prepare without a cook book, I was hoping for regional secret recipies handed down for generations, things I hadn't tried before and this just wasn't it....having said that it does offer good basic every day recipes that everyone has the ingredients for without hassle, that are really easy to put together.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful., 29 April 2014
R. Rees - See all my reviews
This review is from: Traditional British Cooking: The Best of British Cooking: A Definitive Collection (Paperback)
A very useful cookery book for novices who are interested in traditional British food. A wide enough variety of recipes with clear and straightforward instructions to give you the options varied menus for many days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab recipes, 26 Jan 2014
Bought this for my sister for Christmas who liked my recipe book I already had. Fab recipes which I make often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipes a delight to cook, 11 Nov 2013
This is an excellent cookery book, I have tried a lot of the recipes and they turn out great. I have cooked complete dinner parties from this book and been complimented on them.

5.0 out of 5 stars second hand cookbook, 11 May 2012
I ordered a cookbook that i saw at a friends house....Iwas besotted and a friend sugested I get it from Amazon. They gave me an approximate time, and two weeks befor due date the book arrived, looking as good as new and at an excellent price. I am thrilled! Thank you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BRITISH COOKING!, 30 Dec 2011
S. Carter "Stephen" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
A great collection of recipes - easy to follow. My son had a copy and as soon as I looked through his- just had to buy one for myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars tastie foods, 20 April 2009
C. W. Pitt (wales) - See all my reviews
this has some great tasting food in here but some you'd never touch.
but you will find the ones you like and the ones you don't. even the little ones like them and thats saying alot for kids to like the recipes

Used & New from: 0.01