Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more

Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 April 2009
This is one of the best Puffer books that I have found so far. Very informative and beautifully illustrated with b/w photographs.
on 24 February 2008
This is an excellent little book, and a worthy successor to earlier works on puffers.
It's well-written, authorative, and its pages are packed with a great variety of photographs taken in a wide range of locations. The captions are a mine of information and reflect the author's enthusiasm and obvious grasp of his subject.
If you have an interest in the coasting trade then this little book is an invaluable source of information at a knockdown price - don't miss it!
on 31 May 2012
Brilliant little book packed with excellent photographs of these hard working little ships,i would think a lot of thought has gone into which prints to include, lmages date from the 1800s right through, one shot on page 10 to do whith the film The Maggie is only one of the gems this book has to offer,there are many more.If you have read this and the other reviews you will find Puffers a joy to own and read.
on 8 May 2014
Love it, but I discovered I've got another copy.
I have earmarked for the recipient of my next model puffer.
on 14 June 2015
Excellent work on puffers very informative, has various photos of Puffers that played the Vital Spark. Outlines casualties and shipwrecks amongst these tiny vessels. It has added to my research source for building the of my model kit of the Puffer.
on 21 February 2013
Brilliant book as described,well pleased,promptly despatched, I have made the Caldercraft Model and was keen to see some History,hence my purchase of the DVD "Maggie,pleased with a very reasonable purchase
on 20 April 2016
Bought for my husband who remembers Puffers on the Clyde when he was in the Merchant Navy back in the 60's. He says it is one of the best he has seen
on 13 February 2014
If your interested in the Clyde puffers then this is for you ....lots of photographs and information in a clear format
on 27 August 2014
Excellent, gave my dad some fond memories
on 17 December 2013
This book consists of a series of photos, with a short history of the boat underneath each photo. It emphasises the hardships and hazards these boats and their crew endured. I would have liked a few more pictures of, for example the forecastle and the wheelhouse interiors but I guess those would be hard to come by.
Not an in-depth read but if you like puffers you'll enjoy this book.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse