5.0 out of 5 stars stupendously funny and good
My son, aged 8, was in danger of Giving Up Reading until he discovered this wonderful book - having raced through other magical tales by Eva Ibbotson, Tolkien's Farmer Giles of Ham and Harry Potter. He bascially won't read anything unless it has a dragon in it, which is why we fell on this with such relief.
The story, about a thoughtful, polite boy born into the...
Published on 11 Mar 2004 by A. Craig

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't change font size on kindle
I'm sure its a good book, but although available for the kindle, its simply a pdf scan, and you cannot change the font size, which by default is very small. Making it unsuitable for my 8 year old son to read.
Published 2 days ago by Tantrump

5.0 out of 5 stars stupendously funny and good, 11 Mar 2004
A. Craig "Amanda Craig" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The story, about a thoughtful, polite boy born into the Hooligan tribe of Vikings, who have to capture then train their dragon by yelling at it is not only very funny but has good things to say about the importance of jokes, persuasion and daring to stand up against the mob. The audio version, read with enormous verve and featuring terrific music and sound effects as the Green Death rises from the sea-bed to devour the tribes, is absolutely spell-binding. I can't recommend it too highly, especially for long journeys. More, please!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT! FABULOUS! WE LOVED IT! written by Stephi and Frank (age 8 and 6), 20 May 2006
Mrs. P. M. Phillips ((Hampshire, England)) - See all my reviews
You won't be able to put this book down. We thought it was so funny and we were desperate to find out wat was going to happen next. We liked Hiccup(the main character)because he was a bit of a scaredy cat in the beginning, but in the end he was a hero!Toothless (the dragon) was our favourite character and we would love a Toothless of our own- so much!

You will not regret buying this book! It's so funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars HowToTrainYourDragon, 4 May 2004
Hollie Gage (Bristol,England) - See all my reviews
I am reading this book at the moment - im 10 and its great.
Toothless is so cute! I highly recomened this book to children from 9-14 years old. Ms.Cowell is an extremly tallented author and definatley five stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hiccup Horrendous Haddock 3, 12 Jan 2010
A Kid's Review
I am a 9 year old boy and 'how to train a dragon' and the other books in the series are the best books I've ever read. I think Hiccup is a funny character, as well as his dragon, Toothless. I'm currently reading 'how to break a dragon's heart' and the book is quite good so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Please Cressida , can we have another book about Hiccup?, 20 Aug 2003
Dr Deborah Ryan (Belfast, Co. Antrim United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I read this book on my holidays. I liked it so much that when I came home I read it again.
This is the funniest book I've ever read. It tells the story of Hiccup, the boy Viking, and his dragon, Toothless. Lots of silly and scary things happen to them. I really liked the bit when Toothless spoke in Dragonese. E.g. 'Mi Mama no likeit yum-yum on di bum' (My mother does not like to be bitten on the bottom). I also liked the pictures.
I can't wait for another book about Hiccup and Toothless!
Mum & Dad loved this too - a classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book for any age, 24 Feb 2006
The great thing about this book is its so unique its perfect for any age. I teach Year 6, and often recommend this to children who have a low reading age for an 11 year old, as its timeless. they don't find it patronising, as it could just as easily have been written for an adult, a teenager or a 7 year old. Hilarious, strangely endearing, completely bizarre and yet so strangely believable. Captures the imagination, because lets face it everyone likes to believe in dragons! The child like scrawl of illustrations are infinitely relatable to kids, a little gem

5.0 out of 5 stars Hi, ho, Hiccup!, 28 Aug 2009
This review is from: How To Train Your Dragon: How To Train Your Dragon (Audio CD)
Another witty, entertaining, and just plain good story about the last great Viking Hero as a boy as he prepares to join the tribe after training his newly caught hunting dragon. A delightful story for all with a cleverly tucked in nugget of wisdom. Much more than just a children's story!

Wonderfully read by David Tennant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for parent and child, 21 April 2004
jonathan lowenstein (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I'm half-way through reading this aloud to my 6 year old boy. We both love it. There's a strong plot line, lots of gory-ness (but not too much) and a challenging use of words. I'm completely tired of the 'Horrid Henry' type books, with the familiar plot-lines about naughty kids, lack of imagination and dull language, and this shines in contrast. My kid isn't yet ready for the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe or the Edward Eager books, but this satisfies us both.

5.0 out of 5 stars AN ABSOLUTELY MARVELLOUS AND EXCELLENT BOOK., 16 Dec 2005
By A Customer
To ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE who reads this. This is an amazing book by Cressida Cowell. This is the the only one I read, but I loved every word of it. A hilarious book ( in a way )Trust me, If you haven't read this book, read it and you will love it.BUY THIS BOOK. It's perfect for any age ( above 7 )

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked, 10 Aug 2007
This is a really good book and I recommend this to anyone!
I have just finished reading this book and it's great! I love it!!
I highly recomened this book to children from 9-13 years old. Ms.Cowell is an extremly talented author and definatley five stars! She has woven this book so well - a stroy for the family!

How To Train Your Dragon: How To Train Your Dragon
How To Train Your Dragon: How To Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell (Audio CD - 12 Feb 2004)
9.79