5.0 out of 5 stars Winnie the Pooh - The House at Pooh Corner
An absolutely spellbinding journey through Hundred Acre wood; the all star cast really bring the stories to life. My three year old son is mesmerised every time we listen to it. A great way to spend time with your kids in this age of videos and computers.
Published on 15 May 2003 by Philippa White

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Jane Horrocks as Piglet is brilliant and Christopher Robin is brilliant too in this recording - but Stephen Fry sounded too much like himself and so did Judi Dench.. I wish I had bought the Alan Bennett recording which my family adores - it is a timeless classic!! I opted for this version as we really like Stephen and Judi, but they just did not sound right in their roles...
Published on 16 Mar. 2013 by LynLondon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Winnie the Pooh - The House at Pooh Corner, 15 May 2003
Philippa White (Southport, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect Pooh, 16 May 2010
This review is from: Winnie the Pooh: Dramatisation (Audio CD)
A perfect labour of love. I keep the CDs in my car and listen to them time and again. The lightness, the humour, the tenderness of the original stories are all captured perfectly. The characterisations are just so right - Piglet's little squeaks, Ow's owlish voice, Eyore's complaints, Rabbit's busybody organising and of course Pooh's poohishness.
It can be so difficult to listen to an audio book or (even worse) watch a film of a book that you know and love. They change too much and turn it into something different (completely different if you watch the Disney films). Or they just don't get it.
But David Benedictus has worked a wonder with these CDs. Each voice, the piano accompaniment to Pooh's hums, the timing, the swapping around of narrator, the whole completely captures the essence of the what makes these stories so timeless and so perfect.
And the second volume - The House at Pooh Corner - is just as goodThe House at Pooh Corner
Absolutely recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Winnie the Pooh, 16 April 2009
This review is from: Winnie the Pooh: Dramatisation (Audio CD)
I bought this for my nephew as we already have a copy and listen to it constantly on long car journeys. It is a brilliant Winne the Pooh adaptation. All the characters are brought to life just as you imagine them and the actors have been perfectly chosen (Stephen Fry as Winnie the Pooh, Geoffrey Palmer as Eeyore and so on). My children can quote long speeches from it. Entertaining for all ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful cast, easy to listen to and true to the books, 13 May 2008
The cast for this dramatisation is perfect, especially Stephen Fry (Pooh), Jane Horrocks (Piglet), Robert Daws (Rabbit) and Geoffrey Palmer (Eeyore). We have listened to this so many times, my 4 year old son often asks to have it on while we are eating our breakfast or tea. I don't find the Pooh books very easy to read aloud, but these actors effortlessly bring the story to life, while remaining pretty much word for word with the text.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quintessential Pooh, 11 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Winnie the Pooh: Dramatisation (Audio CD)
Forget Disney and go for the real deal!

We love listening to this at bedtime (as in both the children and the parents). It is a full-cast dramatisation, and is rather well done.

I have also got the book, but I have given up reading it to my daughter myself, as this CD does it justice much better than I ever could.

Heartily recommended to children of all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 26 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Winnie the Pooh: Dramatisation (Audio CD)
Delightful for children, and even more delightful for their parents.

I must have heard this 300 times (our daughter loves it), and I still enjoy it. It uses a most excellent cast to produce a very-close-to-the-original dramatization, with minimal sound-effects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Winnie the Pooh: Dramatisation, by A A Milne, 30 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Winnie the Pooh: Dramatisation (Audio CD)
My daughter and I love this CD. The acters, Steven Fry, Jane Horrocks, etc, really bring the stories to life. I bought our copy because my daughter originally had it on cassette, but that broke. She was very very happy to have it replaced with the CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 27 April 2010
Quite simply wonderful.
A fantastic cast, well-dramatised and so very A.A. Milne. We all loved it and sat round with silly grins of pleasure on our faces.
The nursery stories personified, we could almost recite along with it, but then we'd have missed those great and inimitable voices.
Thanks to whoever pulled this bunch together - an utter success.

5.0 out of 5 stars A childhood classic, 27 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Winnie the Pooh: Dramatisation (Audio CD)
Beautiful, charming and skilfully made adaptations that I had on cassette as a child. The voices of the well-known actors are put to suberb use, and the books are brought to life with music and sound effects. Memories of this series have stayed with me into adulthood and I thoroughly reccommend it to any parent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CDs but be careful if you own others, 25 April 2013
This review is from: Winnie the Pooh: Dramatisation (Audio CD)
My 5 yr old loves these stories and listens to them every night. They are very well done. The only problem with this CD is it is very difficult to find out the stories on it before you buy. In fact the CD is bundling of two other CDs that are also available, ie, Pooh goes Visiting and Piglet Meets a Heffalump. If you have either of these, don't buy this one. If you don't have either then this is a great buy and will provide hours of entertainment.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Winnie the Pooh: Dramatisation
Winnie the Pooh: Dramatisation by A A Milne (Audio CD - 14 Nov. 2002)