4.0 out of 5 stars How to publish your own book
'How to publish your own book' by Stewart Ferris is a handy little volume with plenty of useful tips. However it cannot be considered a complete guide to everything involved in publishing your own book - that would take more than 150 pages.

Published on 10 Jun 2009 by Cliff Hanger

3.0 out of 5 stars I will let you know
Using this as a reference book. I suppose the information is correct but not tried any out as yet. It does not seem to cover online publishing though
Published 10 months ago by Brian Mills

4.0 out of 5 stars How to publish your own book, 10 Jun 2009
This review is from: How to Publish Your Own Book: Secrets from the Inside (Paperback)

The best sections in this book are about marketing. Stewart Ferris talks about numerous options, many of which I hadn't thought about. For example I didn't know that Waterstones has a buyer who deals with self-published titles - so he'll be getting a copy of my book ('How to marry a Russian Wife') when it comes back from the printers.

One area that caused me a lot of problems when I decided to publish my own book was that of typesetting. What font? What size font? How much leading? How many lines per page? How many words per line? These are actually vital questions which can affect the readability of your book, yet Stewart Ferris doesn't discuss any of this.

However taken in the round there is plenty of useful information in this book, despite its gaps. It is clearly written and well laid out.

I would say it's definitely worth its cover price and I have no intention of putting my copy on e-bay; do I need to need to say more? Praise indeed!

4.0 out of 5 stars An insight into the world of publishing, 28 Jan 2011
A most interesting and informative book which clearly explains some of the finer point of self-publishing. The technical aspects are not overlooked. I found the paper a little rough which did not enhance printing or make my hands feel comfortable and the type a little heavy. However, the book is a handy size and well worth the purchase.

Just Us Two: Ned and Rosie's Gold Wing Discovery

3.0 out of 5 stars I will let you know, 24 Oct 2013
Brian Mills (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Dec 2012
Very insightful book, helped a novice like me publish my first book and I am sure I will return to it for guidance with my next book.

How to Publish Your Own Book: Secrets from the Inside
How to Publish Your Own Book: Secrets from the Inside by Stewart Ferris (Paperback - 7 Jan 2008)
Used & New from: 0.01